Is the 500ML as buggy as the 250ML

Bob
Primary Venue / Use: Local Theatre
Where I Am: Mayfield Village Ohio

Is the 500ML as buggy as the 250ML

Post by Bob » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:48 am

Loaded my first show with the 250 last weekend - needed several calls to support to get by basic things. Don't think I'll try to run another show with cues - needed to reboot 6 or 7 times to continue adding cues.... can't find a go back button... or an off button or a way to return control to subs once they have been zeroed manually (without reboot)....

So is the 500ml in the same boat...

Do you all not realize when I take my business for consoles else ware - I take my business for everything else you make off my quote sheets....
including my much loved Selecon fixtures.

How can we move forward... Many of us are ready to work on the code ourselves...

How about a $2000 discount on the 500ML with trade in.... how many folks would take the trade....

Bob
Tired, frustrated and very disappointed in my loyalty to Strand products...

HPCTechnical
Primary Venue / Use: Regional Theatre
Where I Am: Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland

Re: Is the 500ML as buggy as the 250ML

Post by HPCTechnical » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:44 am

Bob, the issue is not so much, how buggy is the 500ML, as whether Strand can be remotely trusted, whatever the desk - if they find it acceptable to leave a desk with as many known bugs completely untouched for coming up to 9 months, why would you ever trust them to support anything else ever again? What happens if another new product comes on the market and they decide to throw all their resources into that?

One of the things that decided me in going with the desk was the spiel I was given that this desk was going to mark the emergence of a new Strand, would be supported fully and developed... how stupid do I feel now?

Bob
Primary Venue / Use: Local Theatre
Where I Am: Mayfield Village Ohio

Re: Is the 500ML as buggy as the 250ML

Post by Bob » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:55 pm

I went with the strand because my 10 year old 300 was starting to fail. Figured since I knew the command language I'd stay. My 300 is way more powerful and reliable. I couldn't afford a Neo. Can't afford on small community theatre budget to do what I'd like to do to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk