Gobo Rotate

User submitted ideas for how we can make the Palette and Light Palette Consoles better
mgutowski

Gobo Rotate

Post by mgutowski » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:46 pm

If I were to have two moving fixtures (Lets call them VL's ;) ), and I have both with a gobo in them. One is rotating CW and the other CCW. When I select both and I proceed to the gobo page of the VL's, where I can edit the rotation speed and the direction yada yada, it says both are going CW. I know they aren't, but when I turn them to Index, the VL that was rotating CW is now indexed, and the one rotating CCW is now rotaing CW.
It's just making one notch down on the list, and I understand why that happens. It's the same type of thing when you have the pan and tilt, its just +1 or -1 for each notch for the pan and tilt. I'm going to just use the buttons to make my selection, so it's no biggie, but it would be nice if for gobo's you could have it NOT notch down, but instead override and go with the new selection. Thanks!
Michael "G" Gutowski
The Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Gobo Rotate

Post by RobertBell » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:53 pm

The bubbles' text populates with the first fixture selected's values. If you move the encoders, it does a SHAFT movement on all paramaters. Think if you had all the lights lined up on a chair - then rolling the pan snapped them all to the same pan value - no nice. You may argue that Gobo is different. Some may not.

If you want all selected fixtures to go to ROT CCW, press the button below the encoder and select from the list (or punch in a palette).
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.