Grandmaster labels

User submitted ideas for how we can make the Palette and Light Palette Consoles better
amoyer

Grandmaster labels

Post by amoyer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:48 pm

Passing along a suggestion from one of our staff. He was wondering whether it was possible for there to be labels underneath the two grandmaster levels in the top right corner of the screen. And these labels would either be the grandmaster mode or a custom label. I'm not sure there is even space there to do this, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Andrew Moyer - Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Light Palette Live (v10.8.6)
Rack Palette (v10.8.6)
Classic Palette ii(v10.8.5)

MattKlasmeier

Re: Grandmaster labels

Post by MattKlasmeier » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:59 pm

In addition to that I would be a big fan for the return of the 300/500 series grand master groups. I know that you can separate moving lights from conventional fixtures but I was always a big fan of defining what fixtures were in a grandmaster. Being able to use a sub as a grandmaster for the Palette series would also be great.

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Re: Grandmaster labels

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:44 pm

If you could get the full functionality of a GM on a Sub, then (presumably) it would be a simple thing to record a non-hardware sub (say sub#1000 in any page). Then it would be a case of getting the hardware to link the GM to that specific sub.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd