Iphone webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.9.1 update

Open Source software contributions and discussions that supplement or extend the Palette / Light Palette software
tom

Iphone webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.9.1 update

Post by tom » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:35 am

***Update is posted on page 2 of this thread***

This is a webapp hosted on the console which allows you basic control through an iphone/ipod or other mobile device with wifi. I have only tested it on the apple devices so I'm not sure how the layout will react. It will need javascript and frames support to function. I had to use frames to iron out some little annoyances in safari on the iphone.

It is still a work in progress so there are still quite a few annoyances that i have to figure out. If its a simple little app your looing for try the motelite version which is fairly stable.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1571

mote 0.3.5
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (30.7 KiB) Viewed 12945 times
1. - setup
2. - usage
3. - disclaimer

1. Setup
Extract the folder to the web folder on the palette. It does'nt write over anything in the default folder. Also when you update the palette software it should'nt have any naming conflicts with the new /web folder.

Setup some wireless network and conect your palette to it.

Enable the web server on the palette. (Hardware Setup - Console - Enable webserver)
I've had issues with the windows firewall had to make an exception for the WebApp.exe on the palette. Also make sure that WebApp.exe is running by checking in the taskmanager.

Find the IP address of the palette. (Control panel - then hover over the network icon)

Open : web/main.js
Look for the line (var ip="http://127.0.0.1/") and change the number to the ip of your palette.

Connect to the wireless network with your mobile device. Then browse to http://127.0.0.1/mote_index.html. (exchanging the 127.0.0.1 for your ip address)

Save the bookmark to the device.

2. Usage
I use this on an iphone but in theory it should work just fine on any other mobile device. Basically from a smart phone to a psp. But i hav'nt tested it on anything other than an iphone and ipod touch. Please let me know what other devices you've tried it on and if there are any issues.

Channel Control.
Pretty much the same syntax as you would use with conventional lights on the palette.
EG(1/5 - 3 + 10 followed by *) Would give you the selection 1,2,4,5,10.
You do have to press enter manually at the end of every command line. Nothing is selected until you press the enter button.
After the *(enter) it's ON for 100% and OFF for 0%.
REL releases all fixtures.
CLR clears the command line if you make a typo. But it does'nt remove any previously selected fixtures from the editor.
The REM button is a fake remdim as it will only turn of other fixtures in the editor, it will not affect fixtures in cuelists and looks. When the hc.remdim command is added it will replace this one.

Cue control.
This is still alittle buggy. Theres something with the HC command, when a state is already in and you change cue numbers the old state stays in. It's quite self explanitory, go, stop. Stop doubles as back if there is nothing running or a cue is paused. Selecting the cueslist is done with a popup screen but the cuelist cannot have spaces in the names, or special html characters. + - / or whatever. I have the default cuelist named as "ab" you find this just under the place where you add your ip number in the .js file. No spaces in the cuelist names though.

Plots.
You must put your plots in the plot folder D:/web/plots. They must be named hanging.jpg and focus.jpg, unless you edit the html pages. When you are viewing a plot you go back by scrolling to the bottom of the screen where you'll find a back button. There a still sizing issues when returning to the main page.

Patch
Flashoutput lets you go through your outputs with next and back, displaying the number you are currently flashing. Output release sets output 0 to flash and that will turn the other flashes off. (I havn't had the chance to test this all on 10.5 so i'm not sure if it will flash or not.)

Quickpatch.
Can be used to patch a single dimmer on the fly.
Once press you will be promted to enter a dimmer number. Then a channel number. After which you'll get a message confirming the line.
EG dimmer 1 was patched to channel 1.
On pressing OK to the message the dimmer will be patched.

Looks control
You have to make a look page called "remotepage". This will allow the webapp to control the first 12 looks in the page. The top button is full, the bottom is zero and the middle button with the look number is 50%. All looks fade with a short time. The plan is to add an input field to allow you to select difefrent looks pages.

3. Disclaimer
If this code cause problems on your device, lightboard or in your show, I'm sorry for it, but I wont accept any responsibilty. Use it at your own risk. Also feel free to use the code as you like but please credit it with : Adapted from (mote - written by Tom Visser).

Please give feedback on annoyances or ideas that you would like to see. I'm also very curious about how it runs on non apple devices. I hope to have a full release at the end of febuary.

*** download link for the update is on the second page of this thread
Attachments
mote 0.3.5.rar
(152.22 KiB) Downloaded 597 times
Last edited by tom on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 am, edited 9 times in total.
Light palette : classic
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

MickCrozier
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.3.5 (full)

Post by MickCrozier » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:26 am

Hi Tom/All

I've patched the main.js file to allow mote to function with work beyond Palette 10.6.1002
Just overwrite the file in the Palette web directory.

It also requires the following lua script to be placed in your show file directory
(It allows HC.AttributFade to effect the currently selected fixtures - Thanks Robert!)

Code: Select all

function AttributeFadeSelected(attribute,level,time)
   s = HC.GetCurrentSelectionSet(',')
   for fixture in string.gmatch(s,"%d+") do
     HC.AttributeFade(fixture,attribute,level,time)
   end
end
Enjoy!

Tom - Thanks for mote! I love it!

--------------------------------

EDIT: SetLevel is back - Patch no longer required
Download removed
Formerly Durisian (who died peacefully of digital old age)

tom

Re: Wself.ebapp remote focus unit - mote 0.3.5 (full)

Post by tom » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:10 pm

Heres an update.
0.6.jpg
0.6.jpg (50.02 KiB) Viewed 11933 times
Most of the changes are in the channel control section, which now has an @ button. Allow to fade to specific levels and also allow to put times on the fades. The syntax looks like this.

1 / 5 @ 50 @ 10 *

This will send channels 1 thru 5 to 50% in 10 seconds. The command will be executed on the enter * command.

More changes:
RemDim is now a real remdim.
The CLR button has three levels of clear, for typos in channel range, level or time selection.
CLR will also deselect the current selection (this would hang in the previous version).
Layout is slightly different, channel buttons are slight larger *see below.
Channels no longer need to be cleared for the next string to be entered.
ON and OFF can now be executed without having to press enter first.

More changes to come, and if you come across anything that could do with a change please let me know.

*The new layout of the buttons will make the appearance on non iphones look a bit strange. This is due to the padding on the buttons if you want to change it for yourself.
Attachments
mote 0.6.rar
(152.74 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
Last edited by tom on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Iphone webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.6 (full) update

Post by RobertBell » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:58 pm

d/l'd and installed in \Web. Palette servers it up from any machine on network (even localhost) but does nothing. Is it phone/java related?

R
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

tom

Post by tom » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:01 am

Did you change the IP in the javascript file (main.js) to suit your palette? I probably left that on the last computer i was working on last night instead on changing it back to local. I'll fix that later today.

**EDIT - changed the IP back to local.
Nederlands Dans Theater.

golights

Post by golights » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:57 am

Tom,
The app setup was easy and works pretty well. It would be nice to have a cue release or cue release all button on the screen.

gooze

Post by gooze » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:40 am

You can press: [Goto] and then 0. That releases the cuelist.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

golights

Post by golights » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:33 am

Thanks Gooze

tom

Post by tom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:30 pm

*fixed number key 4 typo
Nederlands Dans Theater.

MickCrozier
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Melbourne, Australia

Post by MickCrozier » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:18 pm

After finally getting an iphone, I've been trying to run mote on the console.

I can get one command to work, and then it locks up, I can't issue any commands after the first (without complete refresh). I can can still type numbers, but sending the command doesn't happen - don't even get a * on the screen.
This is the same for mote v0.3.5 and 0.6

however - connecting to a PC running the offline editor works fine

Any ideas?
Formerly Durisian (who died peacefully of digital old age)