THRU functions in view mode of subs

User submitted ideas for how we can make the Palette and Light Palette Consoles better
mgutowski

THRU functions in view mode of subs

Post by mgutowski » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:43 pm

In this window (so everyone can follow along!):
View + Look
OR
View + Look + XX

I like snap at zero.
Can there be an apply to all / apply to look x through y? Every show I go through each fader and hit S4 through S9. Is there a way to preset the console or have the idea of each fader defaulted to whatever you want in that situation.

Also... because my of my fat fingers (and the fact that my dialing wand is still backordered), sometimes I hit S10, and it SUCKS to see the Look deleted (same window). I usually survive but every once and a while you have a wicked look and you act like a bonehead and hit S10 along with S9. I know that it could be easily avoided if I just took an extra second, but sometimes your rushed and it just happens.
So pretty please, can there be a "Are you sure you want that deleted forever and ever and never come back?" button that pops up! :lol:
Michael "G" Gutowski
The Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: THRU functions in view mode of subs

Post by RobertBell » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:22 pm

It's a bit of tug-n-pull. Some want warning warning warning - you are about to do something drastic, and others say "I'm a professional - I know what I'm doing - please don't keep asking me". We have done the confirmation DB with a checkbox of Don't Show Me this Again, but the problem is, that is too annoying for some.

FYI - if you delete a look, you can import just that one look from one of your backup or checkpoint files. Import is quite sexy.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.