Submasters and editor screen

User submitted ideas for how we can make the Palette and Light Palette Consoles better
Bastiaan

Submasters and editor screen

Post by Bastiaan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:32 am

If I use more channels then I can see in my display, the display jumps automatically to the channels I typed in last. So, if I type 1 FULL, I do see channel 1 in my editor screen, if I type channel 100 FULL, the screen jumps to channel 100.

If I have channel 1 FULL under lookfader 1 and channel 100 FULL under lookfader 2 nothing changes in the screen when using these faders. If the editor screen shows channel 1 to ,lets say, 85 and I open fader 2, the screen does not jump to channel 100.

It would be convenient if the screen automatically jumps to the part in the screen where something happens with lookfaders as well. (Or is it on purpose that this doesn't happen with lookfaders?)

Bastiaan

gooze

Re: Submasters and editor screen

Post by gooze » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:12 pm

Where should it jump to on a live fade caused by a cue running?
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:41 am

Hello Floriaan,

I didn't think about that one yet. For a lookfader I like to see something happening in the live screen, the first channel that s moving would be good.

Bastiaan

TaineGilliam

Post by TaineGilliam » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:27 pm

This could be very cool when you aren't sure where things are but for really running/programming a show it could get very distracting very fast. Maybe as an option.

Taine