More Suggestions

User submitted ideas for how we can make the Palette and Light Palette Consoles better
Harrison

More Suggestions

Post by Harrison » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:11 pm

Hey all. Again, I don't know whether or not any of these have been suggested already and whether or not you can do this but I havn't seen it.

1 - Something on the Pearl i found useful when trying to make effects or selecting odd or even lights (Depending on how the desk is patched) Something like

[1][Thru][10][Odd] - would select 1+3+5+7+9 and [1][Thru][10][Even] - would select 2+4+6+8+10 Maybe the odd and even could be an M button?

2 - Being able to set the MIB time when recording a cue

[Record][1][MIBTime][2/10] - Pretty self explanatory

3 - The possibility of [cue only] locking when you use [update] (like [minus subs] and [plus subs] work)

4 - The ability to print out a pdf of the Tracksheet

5 - Could it be possible to update a cue without the MIB tracking from reseting? Can be quite annoying when trying to update while running a tech or dress and you end up with live scrolls if you have to go on a cue

6 - The ability to change a profile live (With it affecting the light at the same time so you can actually see if what your doing is working. Very useful for making changes to scrollers) and being able to look at the graph and manually adjust the points using a mouse

7 - Can you selective record? ie you have a state up but you want to only record the position of 1-10 into a group

[1][Thru][10][Record][Position][1]
Harrison Cooke - Programmer/Production LX - http://www.harrisoncooke.com

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: More Suggestions

Post by RobertBell » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:41 am

Many things have been address and will be released shortly. I'm doing a show in NY right now which is ironing out many of the beta bugs and we're making amazing progress.
1 - Try S12-Select. You'll find all that and more in there
2 - We've run out of softkeys in the REC command. There is a MIB softkey for the command line when the cmd line starts with CUE
3 - Update Minus+Sub is going to be saved in the show file (before I go completely bonkers). Cue Only is an option in S2-Show Options
4 - OK (will take lots of paper - not sure which way to page it)
5 - already fixed - used to really suck in what you have. It's quite clever too. if the light has moved on and you bring it up on the wheel, it will repo itself first, then come up so you don't look dumb
6 - hard - but would be nice
7 - this should work with what you have
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

Harrison

Re: More Suggestions

Post by Harrison » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:10 am

Thanks again! I should really look harder before asking for things!
Harrison Cooke - Programmer/Production LX - http://www.harrisoncooke.com