There are a couple of ways to answer this, depending on your console capabilities and support:joker8588 wrote:How would you sync music to go with a light cue? I have a Palette Preset II and we would like to have our board run for example a thunder sound effect then have a light cue go .
1) (Triggered via the console) play the audio from media player on the console - you need audio outputs for this to work. On Palette consoles WITHOUT these on the back, you can add them with a generic USB sound card, but TEST it before you buy it. You cannot install drivers on the console! The "local" media player can be triggered by macros.
2) (Triggered via the console) play the audio from another computer - via powerpoint. Follow the tutorials for running external powerpoint cues.
3) (Triggered via the console) play the audio from another computer - via synced playlist. I have not tested this, but there is no reason why this should not work... The Palette has a function where OTHER sessions of Palette can track a main one. The settings are in the CUELIST properties. Use the Offline editor as the 2nd computer, complete with audio capabilities.
4) (External Trigger) Use an external device to trigger the go, and have that same trigger launch the audio. This can be done Via RS232 and Vision.Net calls, and via HTML triggers you can write and have the console activate its webserver.
...and of course...
5) employ a lighting operator, a sound operator, and a stage manager, and get them to rehearse the sequence
The "easiest" is probably 1 or 2.