Temporary steal from cuelist

User submitted ideas for how we can make the Palette and Light Palette Consoles better
gooze

Temporary steal from cuelist

Post by gooze » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Would it be possible to temporarily steal channels of a cuelist to another cuelist and then 'release' them to their original cuelist again?

The context I would like to use it in is this:
There is a one hour fade from warm to cold going on in cuelist B, while in my main cuelist I have cues that follow the action. Few of those cues are black-outs, but after that I would like the fade to continue where it left. Maybe the first step could be to have a cuelist master for cuelist B, triggered from the main cuelist, but better would it be to have control over the indivudal channels in the cuelist B and to hand them back over to that cuelist when I am done with them a couple of cues later.

Suggestions?
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

TaineGilliam

Re: Temporary steal from cuelist

Post by TaineGilliam » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Sounds like yet another instance of "Transparent" meaning instead of "off" we have "background". Thinking of cues as layers. I have mentioned such for effects several times but never thought of the implications for cues...

Would this make the options HTP, LTP or layer? Would we then store changes, both up and down..., instead of absolutes...?

Interesting model. PITA to code. Complex for the user unless we are VERY careful...

Taine

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Re: Temporary steal from cuelist

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:53 pm

You could do it now, here is how:

1) Set your 1hr cue up in Cue List 1 - Priority 71. (Give it the cue number to fade those lights to thier start level at the top of the show, and a second cue to trigger the 1hr fade)
2) Record your show in Cue list 2 - Prioritiy 72
3) Copy the Cue List 2 to the Main Cue List, and strip out all level in all cues except for blackouts - Priority 70
4) Make the Main cue list the Master, and the the other two cuelists Slaves.

Done.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd