sub-Palette time controls

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
dla001
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:07 pm
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Strand ASC in Arizona
Location: SE Arizona

sub-Palette time controls

Post by dla001 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:37 pm

I just looked at a sub-palette, and it appears that the time sliders control the opposite cross-fader thus: if you are in 2-scene mode, the left-hand cross fader is associated with the top scene, but it appears that the RIGHT-hand time fader controls the timing of the upper scene...

Can anyone verify this and confirm if it is as it is supposed to be? This association seems to me to be backward...

Thanks in advance...

David

User avatar
BobbyHarrell
Posts: 2280
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:51 am
Location: Livingston, NJ
Contact:

Re: sub-Palette time controls

Post by BobbyHarrell » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:12 pm

I don't have a subPalette with me but believe we have one at the factory. I've asked someone to take a look for you.
Bobby Harrell - Product Specialist
Philips Entertainment - Strand Lighting

User avatar
phenry
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:05 pm
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Dallas, Texas
Location: Dallas Texas
Contact:

Re: sub-Palette time controls

Post by phenry » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:29 pm

Are you on a sub palette, or a preset 48/96?
On the preset I just checked, you are correct, left hand time fader controls scene b, right had controls scene a.
I would confirm on a my sub palette, but someone sent it away...*coughrandycough*...
Patrick Henry
Strand lighting tech support

User avatar
rschwimmer
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:29 am
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Dallas, TX
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: sub-Palette time controls

Post by rschwimmer » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:34 pm

dla001 wrote:I just looked at a sub-palette, and it appears that the time sliders control the opposite cross-fader thus: if you are in 2-scene mode, the left-hand cross fader is associated with the top scene, but it appears that the RIGHT-hand time fader controls the timing of the upper scene...

Can anyone verify this and confirm if it is as it is supposed to be? This association seems to me to be backward...

Thanks in advance...

David

Can you confirm which software you are running?
Randy Schwimmer - Technical Support - Consoles - Philips Strand Lighting

User avatar
rschwimmer
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:29 am
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Dallas, TX
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: sub-Palette time controls

Post by rschwimmer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:45 pm

phenry wrote:Are you on a sub palette, or a preset 48/96?
On the preset I just checked, you are correct, left hand time fader controls scene b, right had controls scene a.
I would confirm on a my sub palette, but someone sent it away...*coughrandycough*...

Who exactly is phenry anyways? Someone with two first names scares me.
Randy Schwimmer - Technical Support - Consoles - Philips Strand Lighting

dla001
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:07 pm
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Strand ASC in Arizona
Location: SE Arizona

Re: sub-Palette time controls

Post by dla001 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:22 pm

rschwimmer wrote:
Can you confirm which software you are running?
I found this with both 10.4.12 and 10.6.2...noticed it before the update, and again after.

Sorry...it >is< a preset Palette...

DA

User avatar
rschwimmer
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:29 am
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Dallas, TX
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: sub-Palette time controls

Post by rschwimmer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:41 pm

dla001 wrote:
rschwimmer wrote:
Can you confirm which software you are running?
I found this with both 10.4.12 and 10.6.2...noticed it before the update, and again after.

Sorry...it >is< a preset Palette...

DA

So you don't have a Sub Palette, correct? I have a Preset Palette here I will test on, but i want to confirm this is not a SUB PALETTE.....
Randy Schwimmer - Technical Support - Consoles - Philips Strand Lighting

dla001
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:07 pm
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Strand ASC in Arizona
Location: SE Arizona

Re: sub-Palette time controls

Post by dla001 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:49 pm

The console is at a high school site, where I was working last week. It is my belief that it is a presetPallete 32/64. I thought it was a sub-Palette, but just re-checked the docs, and I believe I mis-spoke in my Subject line.

DA

User avatar
rschwimmer
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:29 am
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Dallas, TX
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: sub-Palette time controls

Post by rschwimmer » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:22 am

dla001 wrote:The console is at a high school site, where I was working last week. It is my belief that it is a presetPallete 32/64. I thought it was a sub-Palette, but just re-checked the docs, and I believe I mis-spoke in my Subject line.

DA

If you are on a presetPalette, then I was able to duplicate what you were talking about.


GARY????
Randy Schwimmer - Technical Support - Consoles - Philips Strand Lighting

GaryDouglas
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:33 pm
Location: Calgary, Canada

Re: sub-Palette time controls

Post by GaryDouglas » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:53 am

Just trying to filter out the issue:

When the AB/CD faders are in TIME mode they're backwards? Left should be A(top), Right Should be B(bottom)?

If this is the case I will fix it for 10.6.3. Randy, have you tried this with any of the Betas beyond 10.6.2?
Gary Douglas - Lead Software Developer - Pathway Connectivity - A Division of Acuity Brands Lighting Canada.

Post Reply