Dockable Group Select and Color Select Window

Help us make the NEO console better!
chaws
Primary Venue / Use: Local Theatre
Where I Am: Valenica, CA

Dockable Group Select and Color Select Window

Post by chaws » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Hello,

Would it be possible to make it so that I could dock a group selection pane and a color picker pane. I use multiple consoles, one of which is ETC EOS. In EOS, I like to layout my second window as shown in the attached screenshot and I am trying to achieve something similar in NEO, but I cannot find a way to do it.

For the group selection window, I can only find a way to open it temporarily and it is not dockable.

As for the color picker, something I noticed is that I can dock the "Generic Color Chooser" window, but it goes away as soon as I select something without a color picker.

Thanks!
Chris
EOS DS.PNG
EOS DS.PNG (601.36 KiB) Viewed 1169 times

msearancke
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Dockable Group Select and Color Select Window

Post by msearancke » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi Chris,

In the next version of the software there are 2 new popout windows that can be docked as you described. One is a tabbed palette window and the 2nd is a more traditional "Group" window. This should provide you with the group system you are looking for. In 3.8 the "Select Shortcuts" window has a "Groups" tab that does give you the functionality that I think you are looking for. This window can also be detached and docked is necessary.

The colour window is one we need to discuss further and I have always felt this to be contextual but I can appreciate how having it always in the same spot would be useful.

Martin