timecode from an audio file

Welcome to the public forum for the NEO. The next generation of Philips Strand Lighting's theatrical lighting control console.
richdesign

timecode from an audio file

Post by richdesign » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:42 pm

Can someone please tell me if I'm wrong about this . . .

You can start an audio file on a cue and then have subsequent cues triggered by the timecode from the audio file.

that is as far as I have gotten. I really need to be able to stop, rewind a little, start again and jump to a particular part of the file. The files that I'm working with are several minutes long so I can't just listen through the whole thing every time I need to make an adjustment. But I'm not seeing a way to do this on the NEO. Tell me if I'm wrong. I'm searching for an alternate way to do what I need at this point.

It seems like the FX playback should let me stop and pickup and restart but it seems to run as a completely separate thing from what i have triggered in the cue. I might have a setting wrong here, but if I can not rewind to a specific spot, I'm not sure how much more help it will be.

Please let me know.

richdesign

Re: timecode from an audio file

Post by richdesign » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:37 pm

I found the info about "WinAmp" but I don't think it is installed on the console and I don't know that is something the end user can do.

richdesign

Post by richdesign » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:06 am

So Martin from Light Factory set me straight on this. Once you have the timecode on the cue along with the audio fx, if you manually run one of the timecode cues it will jump to the appropriate point in the music.

If anyone has any other insights on this topic, please chime in.

TaineGilliam

Post by TaineGilliam » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Take a look at the Visual Timecode Editor. This can be found from the Options Pull down in the Cue List Window. It may give you the "scrub" features you are looking for.