Is that the sound of tumbleweed?

Post by reesb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Seems like a ghost town around here.

pjahaslam
Primary Venue / Use: Local Theatre
Where I Am: Exmouth Devon UK

Re: Is that the sound of tumbleweed?

Post by pjahaslam » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Yes there's lots of tumbleweed from Philips Strand Lighting these days. They have let their customers down very badly with the 250ML. Mine is gathering dust no one will hire it and I can't even sell it to try and get back some of my costs back. It's Zero 88 & ETC for me from now on they may not be perfect but at least all the features work! Unlike the 250ML.

reesb
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Bathurst, NSW, Australia

Re: Is that the sound of tumbleweed?

Post by reesb » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:35 pm

It's a pity. The promised features of this console could make it quite a powerful desk for it's price range. Mostly I'm disappointed with the support. Perhaps I'm just spoilt. My other venue uses ETC ION and a couple of schools around here use the smartfade which is the same price range as the 250ML - ETC support is superb, fantastic learning tools, forums, facebook, updates. ETC response time is quick and they make you feel part of the community, everyone is willing to help out. Getting information from here is like milking a stone. Makes this site look like amateur hour.

I'm still hopeful though that Philips/strand will have a change of heart/style and put a little effort into this forum and into this console. Fingers crossed. "The squeaky wheel gets the oil"