(LUA) Lamp Off Macro?

Open Source software contributions and discussions that supplement or extend the Palette / Light Palette software
Straker
Primary Venue / Use: Touring
Where I Am: A UK Northern Opera Company

(LUA) Lamp Off Macro?

Post by Straker » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:06 am

Hello all,

Complete LUA beginner here so all help appreciated.

Have been hitting my head against the screen for a while trying to write a script which will lamp off moving lights (VL 3500) from the remote (probably using one of the looks to trigger a variable?).

Cheers,

Straker

MickCrozier
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Melbourne, Australia

Re: (LUA) Lamp Off Macro?

Post by MickCrozier » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:14 am

I would have thought HC.AttributeSetValue('101/110','Control','Lamp Off') would do it, but I can't seem to get it to work
(can I get a lesson? - or is this a bug?)

All the same, the easier way is:
release everything
grab your VL3500's
set the control attribute to lamp off
record delta into a look (make sure your only recording the control attribute)
enable virtual subs from the display menu- right click the sub from the virtual panel and tell Special to snap at full.

Vuala - one look that will lamp off all your VL's when it hits 100%
Formerly Durisian (who died peacefully of digital old age)

Straker
Primary Venue / Use: Touring
Where I Am: A UK Northern Opera Company

Post by Straker » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:21 am

The look solution is what I am currently employing but it means you have to remember to take the sub down again to make it lamp off (and remember to have it snap attributes as well.)
Durisian wrote:I would have thought HC.AttributeSetValue('101/110','Control','Lamp Off') would do it, but I can't seem to get it to work
(can I get a lesson? - or is this a bug?)
Thats what I was trying but couldn't get to work. Seems I wasn't going as mad as I thought :) .

Also does anyone know how to set up a delay on the macro so it waits twenty seconds then releases the lamp. I can use HC.ReleaseAll to make it home and idle the control channel but can't work out the delay (ie if the VL needs to be at lamp off for 5 seconds to work)

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Rather than trying to delay a macro (which is not possible in a single script as each script runs in one engine cycle) change the BUMP MODE to Timed Momentary. Record the look as described above and bump the sub. Make the Bump On time 0 and the Bump Off time 6/0 (delay 6, fade 0).
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

jltsale
Primary Venue / Use: Architectural
Where I Am: Denver, Colorado

Re: macros and timed sequences

Post by jltsale » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Macros do not support waits and delays in their sequences. I have made it a habit to make a cusheet called "sequences" that stores all of the timed macros sequences. Call the cues from a variable macro. Name the variable like "lamp off seq 20" That way you'll know that the action is taking place in the sequences cuesheet, cue 20.