Smart Grid request

Open Source software contributions and discussions that supplement or extend the Palette / Light Palette software
PhilFoleen

Smart Grid request

Post by PhilFoleen » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:39 am

I just had the opportunity to try out Smart Grid on my LPVL

http://www.horizoncontrol.com/web/openp ... rtGrid.zip

and I LOVE it, but there's one thing i would suggest. from what i can see the program takes the key presses and displays them, but doesn't monitor the actual live state of the Chan/Fix it's displaying, and I say this because if you select a number of channels, and put them at a level all is good; but if you, say, start an intensity effect, the changes in intensity are not reflected in the Smart Grid window, they stay seated at the last level that was entered. further more while the effect is running, you can run the level wheel and the intensity will change on the Smart Grid window but not in the actual effect.

I would also suggest adding the idicators for Pos, Col, etc to get an accurate live representation of what is displayed on the Chan/Fix grid, and maybe even the ability to switch to Times as well. if we can get the functionality of the Chan/Fiz grid with the already great filtering that Smart Grid gives us we would have a truly awesome App.
If you want to paint with light, you're going to need a Palette

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Smart Grid request

Post by RobertBell » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:32 pm

:added: FS#1802 - let HC.AttributeGetValue() return values post effects
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.