A Few Century Panel Questions

Open Source software contributions and discussions that supplement or extend the Palette / Light Palette software
GeoffGooch

A Few Century Panel Questions

Post by GeoffGooch » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:19 am

So we took delivery of our two new Light Palette Live consoles and one of the first things I installed was the Virtual Century Panel since I come from a Hog background. I have three questions/issues that I wonder if Brian you can answer as it relates to the Century Panel 2 software and then also how it might relate to the actual Palette software.

1. Would you consider changing the graphical state of the buttons so that the currently selected button has a little more definition? Right now I have to look closely to figure out, for example, which group I just selected.

2. Persistence. Any time you click away from the Virtual Century Panel is disappears behind the Palette software. It would be nice if it was possible for the window to persist on top no matter what or as an alternative if I could resize the Moving Light Attribute Window on the second screen to only take up the top half of the screen so the Century Panel could inhabit the lower half of the screen.

3. Command Line. I think I just need to get used to this. On the 500 series everything you did was reflected on the command line. Touching groups or palettes on the century panel is not reflected on the command line of the Light Palette. I think it is just habit but I wanted to toss it out there to see if this bothered anyone else.

Thanks,
Geoff Gooch
Technical Coordinator
Lighting, Projection and Display
Elliott Hall Of Music Productions
Purdue University
ggooch@purdue.edu

TaineGilliam

Re: A Few Century Panel Questions

Post by TaineGilliam » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Resizing the the ML window on the second monitor is just what I do. The trick is to not maximize the window, then you can easily resize. For me the biggest problem is focus. If you are using the Century Array on the console there are times it steals the focus from the console app.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: A Few Century Panel Questions

Post by RobertBell » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:45 pm

I'll point Brian to the ALWAYS ON TOP comment. I think something can be done about that.
The command line will not get filled with the selections on the button arrays. This was an early design decision and it's too late to change that. Sorry.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.