Palette Multi-Tool

Open Source software contributions and discussions that supplement or extend the Palette / Light Palette software
RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Palette Multi-Tool

Post by RobertBell » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Still there:

Code: Select all

System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Could not load type 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.ShapeContainer' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.ShapeContainer' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.
   at WindowsApplication1.Form1.InitializeComponent()
   at WindowsApplication1.Form1..ctor()
But - I should re-boot before I point too many fingers. I have the VB.NET development tools on my machine so this surprises me a lot.

R
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:04 pm

I was trying to work out hwo to manipulate the code to elimiate the need for this "powerpack" - it has something to do with styling controls.

I'll give that process a little more investigation. But Weird. You could try it on a computer with no dev tools in place.

I just retested the current version on a Pallete and it works fine. I took a copy of the entire application folder "PaletteMultiTool_0_0_1_12", put it on a key, and ran it on the console from the key. There are other VB created files in there, so maybe it wants them too.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

gooze

Post by gooze » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:05 am

It works for me now! I missed the connect button in the downright corner. I didn't suspect it wasn't connected after the initial connection process at startup. That is a little unclear. Maybe you should change that in a disconnect checkbox.
I don't see the need for the additional colourmix tab. It is already mixing colours on "faders" on the main page. Or is there more to come?
I've noticed something strange on the user colour fields in the setup tab. If you press [Tab] to go through them the appear not to be in the right order... the order is 1,4,2,3,5,6...
For the palette pad, can't you just take the code from the century array to get the palette names? For me this would be the only reason to keep using the century array!
If it is possible I would make the "selected channels" font a little bigger so it matches more with the commandline on the console.
I stay with my opinion on the colourscheme... Take out one colour (green please) and it will look so much easier on the eyes.
I really like the release all button!
I really like the rubberbanding of the continuous wheels. Very clever.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.