Record Looks "issue"

Open Source software contributions and discussions that supplement or extend the Palette / Light Palette software
JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Record Looks "issue"

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:04 pm

The action:
HC.RecordLook('look_page',look_number[,'merge'|'replace'][,'IPCGLSTE'][,'label'])
...seems to "Record Deltas" regardless of the settings in SHOW OPTIONS.

Not complaining - that result is what I actually want. It just seems incongruous that the "Default Record Look" behaviour is ignored.

If that aspect was changed to deal with more complex remote operation, then the Lua script would need to be altered so that you could:
- explicitly specify the record action type,
- leave blank to get the current result (allowing legacy users of the script to continue use)
... and while you are at it, allow for plus/minus subs. So maybe the command should look something like this

HC.RecordLook('look_page',look_number[,'merge'|'replace'][,'IPCGLSTE'][,'label'][,'default_type'|'live'|'delta'][,'minus_subs'|'plus_subs'|'default_subs'])

Likewise this:
HC.RecordCue('cue_list',cue_number[,'merge'|'replace'][,'IPCGLSTE'][,cue_time][,'label'])

maybe should look like this:
HC.RecordCue('cue_list',cue_number[,'merge'|'replace'][,'IPCGLSTE'][,cue_time][,'label'][,'default_type'|'live'|'delta'|'blocklist'|'blockall'][,'minus_subs'|'plus_subs']|'default_subs'])

Just a thought.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Record Looks "issue"

Post by RobertBell » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:40 am

You are correct on all accounts.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.