Toms projects

Open Source software contributions and discussions that supplement or extend the Palette / Light Palette software
GaryDouglas

Re: Toms projects

Post by GaryDouglas » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Is that just with "inuse" ?
Gary Douglas - Lead Software Developer - Pathway Connectivity - A Division of Acuity Brands Lighting Canada.

tom

Post by tom » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:05 pm

nope, also in 'all'
Light palette : classic
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

tom

Post by tom » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:23 am

I've played around with HC.SearchFixtureProperties, it works well enough. Certainly better than getvalue but it does also start to get laggy at around 200 fixtures.
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:18 pm

We put in the search function to allow you to make the queries smaller. There is an internal limitation where if a lua call takes more than a certain amount of time we return nothing. This is a safety mechanism so that LUA doesn't interrupt fades and cause grief for the running show. We were hitting this with an app in development, so we opted to add this search function.

The single largest processing hit is dealing with all of the text. As the text gets larger, the cost of parsing it can increase exponentially, so it's always best to keep the queries small and more frequent. This can result in better perceived performance.

Try changing your page sizes to get things in smaller chunks. This should average-out the load over time.

If this is still laggy, let me know and I'll take a crack at optimizing the search a little more.
Gary Douglas - Lead Software Developer - Pathway Connectivity - A Division of Acuity Brands Lighting Canada.

tom

Post by tom » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:51 pm

What I'm working on is a more customisable version of the matrix software i made.

It allows the user to define the grid and then allocate fixtures within that grid.

So when i make the pass to visualise the output of the desk in the matrix software i use the command like this:

Code: Select all

HC.SearchFixtureProperties('#0" & used & "','all','-','-',0," & used_amount & ",'intensity')
used being the fixtures plotted into the matrix, used amount being the total number of those fixtures. I couldn't get a return if i let that blank. Works fine fow anything under 100 fixtures but starts getting clunky after that. I dont really see how that could be made smaller. Should i devide the total number out over a few search commands? Do you think it's even possible to deal with a couple of hundred fixtures at the same time? Maybe i'm aiming a litttle high.

I'm not sure what you mean by page sizes in this context. Is that pages of fixtures?
Nederlands Dans Theater.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:35 pm

I'm wondering if you should just be monitoring Shownet or Pathport?
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

tom

Post by tom » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Needs 10.5.12 to function properly.

Here it is,
Go to setup, define the grid and then press run.
Choose and assignment mode in setup and plot in some fixtures.
Monitor will read the levles from the table.

**Update is posted a few posts down.
Last edited by tom on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nederlands Dans Theater.

tom

Post by tom » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:29 am

I've got more HC requests,

GetCuelistProperties(cues, timecode method, htp/ltp)
CueProperties(autofollow or not, run next cue, scripts)
Lookproperties(bump mode, scripts)
consolemode(tracking/cueonly)
Nederlands Dans Theater.

tom

Post by tom » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:28 am

Matrix control update.

Still needs 10.5.12 to run!!!

Added:
Crude saving function which makes the app nearly usable.
Help function
Clear assigned fixtures function
Quick restart app to clear everything.

Fixed:
Spacing issues of the grid.
The visualiser runs ok up until about 400 fixtures after that it gets too choppy. The maximum grid is 40 x 40 after that it will probably crash.

Enjoy.
Attachments
matrix utility 0.4.rar
(16.61 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Nederlands Dans Theater.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:51 pm

IF you split the entire grid into 4 calls, run at a faster interval (not perfect lua but here's the idea):

page_size = used_amount / 4
HC.SearchFixtureProperties('#0" & used & "','all','-','-',0," & page_size & ",'intensity')
HC.SearchFixtureProperties('#0" & used & "','all','-','-',1," & page_size & ",'intensity')
HC.SearchFixtureProperties('#0" & used & "','all','-','-',2," & page_size & ",'intensity')
HC.SearchFixtureProperties('#0" & used & "','all','-','-',3," & page_size & ",'intensity')

-- this will have issues in 10.5.12, but will work properly in 10.5.14 (due next Friday)