Toms projects

Open Source software contributions and discussions that supplement or extend the Palette / Light Palette software
tom

Re: Toms projects

Post by tom » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:56 am

Cool! Thanks I'll play around with that later this week.

I'm laying down the ground work for a more customisable matrix setup and I've come across a few more requests.

The main one:
I'd like to be able to turn channels on and off from the external application. Doesn't sound so hard, but i want to be able to turn them on and off without them entering the editor. Something like a yellow look value that wont hold deltas and could be recorded if nessicary but not by default.

This would allow the apps to be used as stand alone playback areas, with timed, scripted effects. The workaround now is to actually create a look for each chanel but that means have 500 looks on one page. Not an entirley effecient.

Also when using the HC.GetCurrentSelectionSet on a button it makes me click twice before returning a value. Why could that be? I've found a workaround but it's not so pretty.
Last edited by tom on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Light palette : classic
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

tom

Post by tom » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:06 am

I'm not getting the return value I'm look for, probably I'm doing something fairly stupid.

HC.SearchFixtureProperties('1/5','inuse',1,'PGCLS',1,1,'value')

I'm trying to get contact with channel 1.

range 1 thru 5
inuse
fixture_num_match - 1 even though it's just a dimmer
PGCLS i added them all just to see if anything would return. Can I just use I for intensity?
start_index, max_num_fixtures_returned = 1 and 1
and then the property - 'value'

This only returns me a selection value. Do i have to pass that value through a regular getproperty?
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:09 pm

HC.SearchFixtureProperties('1/5','inuse','-','-',0,1,'value')

Should do -- this will return the first fixture in use -- note that the page index is a 0-based offset, this shows a page size of 1.

The way you posted it looks for the second fixture inside of 1-5 that matches ALL attributes of fixture 1.

Hope this helps!
Gary Douglas - Lead Software Developer - Pathway Connectivity - A Division of Acuity Brands Lighting Canada.

tom

Post by tom » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:39 am

Code: Select all

Dim s1 As New StringBuilder
        s1.Length = 0
        s1.Append(Trim(ConCom.ReadString))
        s1.Replace(vbTab, ",")
        value = s1.ToString
        ConCom.WriteString("print(HC.SearchFixtureProperties('1/5','inuse','-','-',0,1,'value'))")
        Debug.Print(value)
It's not returning anything. I'm doing something wrong i guess.
Nederlands Dans Theater.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Sorry -- my bad.

The 'value' is incorrect -- the returned properties can be any of these:

'index', 'intensity', 'number', 'state' , 'patch', 'mlname'

As for the other request ( a way to set values without a delta) I have it mostly done. It leaves the attribute captured (red). I wanted to leave them yellow (from a look/channel) -- but it's a can of worms having to do with timeout.

The Function will be HC.AttributeFadeCapture(...) -- same signature as HC.AttributeFade(...) Due in 10.5.14
Gary Douglas - Lead Software Developer - Pathway Connectivity - A Division of Acuity Brands Lighting Canada.

tom

Post by tom » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:05 pm

Cool, thats was fast, thanks

Will the channels be affected by release? And if they are running from the app and taken into the editor will they then release back to the value of the app?

I'll try the 'intensity' thing tomorrow.
Nederlands Dans Theater.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:06 pm

Yes -- release will release them. Is this bad or good?

tom

Post by tom » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:29 pm

bad, i think.

I'd like for them to be fully stand alone. As if they were on a look or something. That the only way you could turn them off was by doing so on the application.
Nederlands Dans Theater.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:59 pm

OK. Trying to find a way to do that..... I have an idea.

tom

Post by tom » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:41 pm

Something else, just in case you were'nt busy enough.

I've tested the searchfixture command, which works well but......

It does'nt seem to pick up levels from effects. Editor, cues and looks are all fine but nothing from effects. If i put an effect on a look it'll read the level of the fixture that it would have been on had there been no effect.
Nederlands Dans Theater.