Iphone webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.9.1 update

Open Source software contributions and discussions that supplement or extend the Palette / Light Palette software
tom

Re: Iphone webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.9 update

Post by tom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:31 pm

Ops, i fluffed the html pack, i zipped the wrong file. The attribute app will work for testing but the layout is probably wrong. I'll make a pack tomorrow that doesn't include having to keep any old files and that has the right pages :)

I can reproduce the crash alright. It has something to do with a weird fixture string in the HC.AttributeFade() command. It comes from the support app so i'll have to figure out what exactly is happening.

On a side note i had the app running all day yesterday crash free as i was doing my day to day actions so i reckon it's fairly stable.
Light palette : classic
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

tom

Post by tom » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 am

Crash posted in Op issues forum.
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

tom

Post by tom » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 am

Mote 0.9.1
Here is the full pack. Just dump in /web and change the IPs in main.js and att.js(if your going to use the attribute control)

/////////////////////////////////

This is the second attempt at moving light control. It requires an app running on the console as well as the mote software. Also it requires two channels to be added to your show. It looks at the values that attributes are in and allows you to nudge those values around. The first step to 2 way comunication through the current web server setup.

Changes:
Added attribute control page.
Various cosmetic changes.

Setup:
1. Extract mote files.rar to a folder and copy them to /web on the console replacing what ever conflicts you come across.
2. Edit the main.js and att.js files and change the ip address to match the console.
3. Extract support app to a folder and have it running on the console.

To use attribute controls
4. In Patch, add channels 9998 and 9999 (they dont need to have an output, they just need to exsist)
5. Open mote on the mobile device and navigate to the attribute control page (in external pages section)
6. Press "track" on the support app.

Usage:
The attribute control page allows you to nudge parameters from there current value in values of +1, +10, -1and -10. These values are the abstract values given by the console. Degrees for pan, tilt and shutter angles. Percentages for intensity, colours and excetra. The way i use it is to load up a look on the desk, wander about the stage nudging the movers into position from the previous night and then going back to the desk to update. I hope to have the load and update command on the html page itself but those commands aren't open yet. The operations are executed on a single fixture at a time. So for the next fixture deselect and then select again. If your missing some attributes that havn't been added yet give me a shout.

Warning:
Use at your own risk.

Defaults
cuelist - 'ab'
lookpage - 'remotepage'
varibles - 'mote_variables'
Attachments
moteSupport.rar
Support app must be running on console.
(9.04 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
mote0.9.1.rar
mote files. Place in /web.
(146.86 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Nederlands Dans Theater.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Iphone webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.9.1 update

Post by RobertBell » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

TheAdmiral
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Ontario canada

Post by TheAdmiral » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:51 pm

How would you get this to work with the 300 or the 520/500i?

gooze

Post by gooze » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:28 am

You cannot. The 300/500 is a completely different console that just happens to be from the same manufacturer. No new software is developed for that console anymore. This forum is dedicated to the Palette software for the newer Strand line of consoles.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.