Iphone webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.9.1 update

Open Source software contributions and discussions that supplement or extend the Palette / Light Palette software
tom

Re: Iphone webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.6 (full) update

Post by tom » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:53 pm

i'd say it probably to do with the wireless network you have. Can you see it losing the network signal in the top bar at all?

Also at my work we have a public wireless available and when the signal wobbles it hops over to that someitmes. This will also cause a feeze up. "forgetting" conflicting networks will sort that out.
Light palette : classic
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

tom

Re: Iphone webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.6 (full) update

Post by tom » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:42 am

Another update,

Fixed vairous commandline display glitches.
Tweaked REM dim to dropped selected channels on desk and just REM the channels specifies on the RFU.

Thanks to Durisian for these edits.
Attachments
mote 0.6.5.rar
(152.8 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

MickCrozier
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Iphone webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.6.5 update

Post by MickCrozier » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:36 am

tom wrote:i'd say it probably to do with the wireless network you have. Can you see it losing the network signal in the top bar at all?...
Nup, no dropouts, full signal all the way, No other access points in range from the stage. The test PC is on the same network, which worked fine running OLE.... ah, computers :cry:

It's like the exewindow frame is becoming corupt, the code that follows the 'send' command is not processed in any of those functions, but functions that don't send any commands continue to work fine.
As a work around, I've added code in the send functions that waits 100ms and then reloads mote_index. Far from perfect, but will get me through until I have more time to discover the problem.
Formerly Durisian (who died peacefully of digital old age)

tom

Re: Iphone webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.7

Post by tom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:30 am

Another update -

minor changes
I've reaaranged things in the /web folder.
Changes in the mote page -
Moved cuelists controls to a seperate page, with a bigger set of buttons.
Display of choosen cuelist
The quickpatch popup display the last dimmer number you flashed out through the remote.

major changes
Added 4 variable quick launches.
The variable quicklaunches respond to the first four variables on a page called "mote_variables". However so far they only give the variable a value of 100 without resetting it. So if you are going to use this then you need to add a line in the variable itself and the end which sets a value of 0 to reset itself.

eg,
HC.LookFade('page',1,100,5)
HC.VariableSet('mote_variables',1,0)

This is what i use for control of the houselights, it triggers the variable and then sets the value back to 0 so it can be triggered by the mote page again.

Defaults:
ip = 127.0.0.1 - change in begining of main.js file
cuelist = "Main" - change in begining of main.js file
looks page = "remotepage"
variables = "mote_variables"
Attachments
mote 0.7.rar
(151.32 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Nederlands Dans Theater.

tom

Re: Iphone webapp remote focus unit - mote 0.7 update

Post by tom » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:36 pm

The next mote version is coming in a few days. Moving lights control is the main addition. It would be very handy to have:

HC.Load(lookpage, look number)
HC.Update() - The update only responding if there is a cue loaded.\

Is possible?
Nederlands Dans Theater.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:19 am

two requests added to list. Not sure when the next Beta will be out though.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

Victory2b
Where I Am: Abbotsford BC Canada

Post by Victory2b » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:30 pm

I love this app. Thank you for making it!

I know safari does not work well with Javascrip sliders but is there any chance that we will get sliders for looks in the future?

tom

Post by tom » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:20 pm

I made a slider a while back but i never managed to get it working that well. There is a way of using the iphones orientation to have a different frame show up in landscape mode. I tried to fill that with a few sliders but it was very clunky and only slowed things down. Didn't really work at all.

So no sliders any time soon, but it is on the to do list.
Nederlands Dans Theater.

tom

mote 0.9

Post by tom » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:26 am

Mote 0.9

Be careful with this one! If you dont want to use the moving lights control stick to the 0.7 version. This extension also requires some files exsisting in 0.7 so add these files over a version 0.7. This is more for testing purposes before i finally create a full release.

This is the second attempt at moving light control. It requires an app running on the console as well as the mote software. Also it requires two channels to be added to your show. It looks at the values that attributes are in and allows you to nudge those values around. The first step to 2 way comunication through the current web server setup.

Changes:
Added attribute control page.
Various cosmetic changes.

Setup:
1. Extract mote files.rar to a folder and copy them to /web on the console replacing what ever conflicts you come across.
2. Edit the main.js and att.js files and change the ip address to match the console.
3. Extract support app to a folder and have it running on the console.
4. In Patch, add channels 9998 and 9999 (they dont need to have an output, they just need to exsist)
5. Open mote on the mobile device and navigate to the attribute control page (in external pages section)
6. Press "track" on the support app.

Usage:
The attribute control page allows you to nudge parameters from there current value in values of +1, +10, -1and -10. These values are the abstract values given by the console. Degrees for pan, tilt and shutter angles. Percentages for intensity, colours and excetra. The way i use it is to load up a look on the desk, wander about the stage nudging the movers into position from the previous night and then going back to the desk to update. I hope to have the load and update command on the html page itself but those commands aren't open yet. The operations are executed on a single fixture at a time. So for the next fixture deselect and then select again. If your missing some attributes that havn't been added yet give me a shout.

Warning:
This is for testing for the moment. Until recently there was a nasty glitch which would cause the console to crash. I've removed that now but i havn't managed to do extensive testing yet. Save your shows, dont use it during a live show and use it at your own risk.
Attachments
support app.rar
run on console
(9.04 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
mote files.rar
extract to /web on console
(4.72 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Nederlands Dans Theater.

RobertBell
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: mote 0.9

Post by RobertBell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:13 pm

tom wrote:Until recently there was a nasty glitch which would cause the console to crash.
That doesn't sound good. Do you know how we can crash it on command? I'd love to know or have your DMP files. These things are easily fixed.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.