(HTML JS) mote lite - webapp remote

Open Source software contributions and discussions that supplement or extend the Palette / Light Palette software
tom

(HTML JS) mote lite - webapp remote

Post by tom » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:03 am

Here is the stripped version for testing.
mote lite.jpg
mote lite.jpg (27.28 KiB) Viewed 5004 times
This version includes:
Basic channel control and a section of the quick patch function.

1. - setup
2. - usage
3. - disclaimer
4. - full version

1. Setup
Extract the folder to the web folder on the palette. It does'nt write over anything in the default folder. Also when you update the palette software it should'nt have any naming conflicts with the new /web folder.

Setup some wireless network and conect your palette to it.

Enable the web server on the palette. (Hardware Setup - Console - Enable webserver)
I've had issues with the windows firewall had to make an exception for the WebApp.exe on the palette. Also make sure that WebApp.exe is running by checking in the taskmanager.

Find the IP address of the palette. (Control panel - then hover over the network icon)

Open : web/main.js
Look for the line (var ip="http://127.0.0.1/") and change the number to the ip of your palette.

Connect to the wireless network with your mobile device. Then browse to http://127.0.0.1/moteindex.html. (exchanging the 127.0.0.1 for your ip address)

Save the bookmark to the device.

2. Usage
I use this on an iphone but in theory it should work just fine on any other mobile device. Basically from a smart phone to a psp. But i hav'nt tested it on anything other than an iphone and ipod touch. Please let me know what other devices you've tried it on and if there are any issues.

Channel Control.
Pretty much the same syntax as you would use with conventional lights on the palette.
EG(1/5 - 3 + 10 followed by *) Would give you the selection 1,2,4,5,10.
You do have to press enter manually at the end of every command line. Nothing is selected until you press the enter button.
After the *(enter) it's ON for 100% and OFF for 0%.
REL releases all fixtures.
CLR clears the command line if you make a typo. But it does'nt remove any previously selected fixtures from the editor.
The DOT (.) has no real function yet.

Quickpatch.
Can be used to patch a single dimmer on the fly.
Once press you will be promted to enter a dimmer number. Then a channel number. After which you'll get a message confirming the line.
EG dimmer 1 was patched to channel 1.
On pressing OK to the message the dimmer will be patched.

It will need javascript and frames support to function. I had to use frames to iron out some little annoyances in safari on the iphone.

3. Disclaimer
If this code cause problems on your device, lightboard or in your show, I'm sorry for it, but I wont accept any responsibilty. Use it at your own risk. Also feel free to use the code as you like but please credit it with : Adapted from (motelite - written by Tom Visser).

4. Full Version
I've chopped this version back a little as i still have to clean up the full version a bit. It'll probably be after christmas though.

On the full version :
Channel control (as is in this version)

Cue control: GO, HALT, GOTO and select cuelist (provided theres no spaces in the name)

Plots: Links to hanging plots and focus plots in image format. I've created a hanging plot with an image map so you can select the fixtures by touching them but this is something you have to map out yourself.

Quickpatch: Flashout, next and prev. A display screen to show which output your flashing. And a flash output release function. The same patch on the fly fundtion as this version, dimmer - channel.

Looks control section: I'm on a palette classic, so at the moment it supports 12 looks. For each look you get a three buttons. ON OFF and 50% at the moment these are timed to fade in 5 seconds. (I have been working on a touch fader but this wont work on anything but an iphone or itouch. The idea is when you hold the iphone in landscape orientation you'll get 12 moveable faders. But the command will only be sent through hen you let go of the fader.)

It's all working, it just needs to be polished alittle.

Well, thats it. Please let me know how it works for you and if you have any ideas for functionality. Give me a shout if you need any help.
Attachments
mote lite.rar
(22.77 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
Light palette : classic
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: (HTML JS) mote lite - webapp remote

Post by RobertBell » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:57 am

Very neat Tom. When you're happy with this and have some testing done by others, package up a readme and we can post it at http://www.openpalette.org.
Thanx
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

AlanMartello
Where I Am: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Post by AlanMartello » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:48 pm

Wow, very impressive!

If you run into things (data / information) that you'd like to obtain through telnet that you just can't get, let us know and we can either give you a pointer to how you can get to the data or add / refine the data that is returned.

We're very keen to work with users who are interested in extending the Palette functionality with their own apps!
Alan Martello, Ph.D. - System Architect - Horizon Control Inc.

TaineGilliam

Post by TaineGilliam » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Alan,

For things I'd like to have access to: Time clock events. Especially, what are the next x events pending and what was the last triggered event.

Second, easier access to Cue label info by Cue number not by index.

Taine

RobertBell

Post by RobertBell » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:27 pm

TaineGilliam wrote:Easier access to Cue label info by Cue number not by index.
Taine
:added: FS#1205 - GetProperty on cue needs ability to pass cue number

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:43 pm

I've changed HC.GetProperty for cues so you can pass the cue number into it. You denote cue numbers by using the '#' character.

For example:

HC.GetProperty('cue', 'My Cue List', '#5', 'name')

HC.GetProperty('cue', 'My Cue List', '#5/10', 'name')
Gary Douglas - Lead Software Developer - Pathway Connectivity - A Division of Acuity Brands Lighting Canada.

RobertBell

Post by RobertBell » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:54 pm

TaineGilliam wrote:Time clock events. Especially, what are the next x events pending and what was the last triggered event.
:added: FS#1206 - add HC.GetProperty for time events

tom

Post by tom » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:43 am

I'd like to see:

HC.remdim
HC.Release('fixture_string', 'time')
HC.ReleaseAll('time')
HC.GetSelectedCuelist

HC.GetMeCoffee('black', '1 sugar', 'now')
Light palette : classic
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

RobertBell

Post by RobertBell » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:52 am

:added: FS1207

Code: Select all

HC.RemDim(['fixturelist'])
HC.Release('fixture_string'[,'time'])
HC.ReleaseAll(['time'])
HC.GetProperty('selectedcuelist')

TaineGilliam

Post by TaineGilliam » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:09 pm

Thanks Gary, that will save a bit of time.

Taine