On RFU 2, where you have a 12 button variables screen, this gives you a cool RFU patch tool. It uses the macro buttons as a patch keypad, with M10 as "0", M11 as "@" and M12 as "Enter". You also assign a light you can see as an indicator so you can see that the console got your message. It toggles the light for each keystroke, and sets it to 30% when ready to patch the next light.
RFU 3 DOES NOT HAVE THE VARIABLES BUTTONS (where did they go!!!!)
Syntax works as "Fixture" at "DMX Output" enter. Also "creates" new fixtures if they don't exist. Below are the instruction embedded in the file.
1) You need to put this file in the same folder as your show file, and THEN open your showfile
2) Create a new Variables page (or use the existing one), and create 12 variables. In each variable, put a single STRING command (each of the following lines:
3) In the Variables section below, set a fixture to be your "check light" that the macro will toggle on/off so you know that you hit a button, and the console heard you
4) press a wrong button, and you can restart the patch command by just hitting any number repeatedly until your "check light" glows at 30%
5) each step of your data entry is put on the "history" window.
Open Source software contributions and discussions that supplement or extend the Palette / Light Palette software
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1233
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:51 pm
- Primary Venue / Use: Other
- Where I Am: International Man of Mystery
- Location: Sydney, Australia