printer/usb drive installation

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
JCL

printer/usb drive installation

Post by JCL » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:34 am

As told in the user manual, I tried to plug a printer into the console in order to try to print the pdf showfile (even if this feature is not fully implemented yet ) but a window asking me for a password appeared . the same occured when I tried to use a usb cd burner.
Shall I try to contact my reseller to get this password or is there something I missed in the manual :?:

MattKlasmeier

Re: printer/usb drive installation

Post by MattKlasmeier » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:10 pm

A printer can not be directly connected to the Palette series of consoles. Due to the fact that the tiles connect via USB. Having additional untested USB drivers could be disastrous. I think printers can be attached if they are done as a network printer. Other wise you will have to use sneaker net to print.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:15 pm

I would love to see this bit of the manual. It should be talking about a standard PC on your network - NOT the console. The XP Embedded OS does not allow you to attached a printer directly to the console. You MUST use a network printer.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:56 pm

Of course, the simplest solution is to save the PDF off to a USB key, and print from another computer.

FYI - if you want a half decent printout, export the showfile as an ASCI show file. This is simply a text file that has a whole lot more useful info then the PDF export.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

teleworm
Primary Venue / Use: Touring
Where I Am: I am a user and i am looking for the valuable info

Post by teleworm » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:54 am

I follow your step for the installing the USB driver after installing the driver I have an issue then I decide to talk to the expert team by dialing the Epson printer Support number toll-free number and I asked them how to get the proper way to install the driver their team guide me during installing the driver. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :D :? :shock: