Wysiwyg doesn't recognize console key

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
gooze

Wysiwyg doesn't recognize console key

Post by gooze » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:31 am

As I am travelling I do not always want to take the console with me on a hotelroom, but I do want to use the Wysiwyg console edition which is packed with the console. (It's a newer version of Wyg than the one I already had a license for). First I tried with the demo mode to fool Wyg into thinking it was connected to the console (That works fine with the other version of Wyg, thanks to the opening of some internal port in the Horizon software)-> no succes.
Now I took the Horizon key from the console and put it in my laptop. The Palette OLE is aware of the key and the demo mode entry in the menu disappears in fafour of the enable outputs menu-item. Wyg still says that the drivers appear to be installed correct, but that there is no console connected (exit software).
Even if I put the Horizon key in another computer, conected over the network, it still doesn't recognize it as a console.
It does work with the real console conected. What is the problem here?

----------------Yes, all the drivers installed, shownet active, etc. etc.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Wysiwyg doesn't recognize console key

Post by RobertBell » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:38 pm

We thought we nailed this. Will be doing more testing next week. Demo mode should work without Palette key in WYG.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

gooze

Re: Wysiwyg doesn't recognize console key

Post by gooze » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Demo mode works fine. That was fixed the last time. The thing is that Wysiwyg doesn't believe it is dealing with the console, so it won't even start up in Console Edition mode.

Mind you... how afraid they are that someone abuses their software... You need a WQysiwyg dongle, a console and a dongle registration over the internet. Can imagine that people are using the hacked version... :o
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.