Problem with instalation of OLE10.3.1

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
KarelBartak

Problem with instalation of OLE10.3.1

Post by KarelBartak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:10 pm

Customer have PC with some "sound software" installed and like to have Palette OLE on the same PC. He tried to install OLE 10.3.1 there and did no succeed. Installation process pass without any problem, but when try to run Palette from desktop he gets some strange error message about missing .ocx libraries and software does not start. When I try to register any .ocx manually just running regsvr32 HCInumbox.ocx from command line I get some message like: Execution DLLregister server in HCInumbox.ocx was unsuccessful. Return code is: 0x8004020.
Windows are XP Professional Czech. The error message is originally in Czech and I tried to translate it to english. On other PC (notebook) of same customer with XPs and on my PC is OLE running fine.

What shall I look for? Where can be source of this problem? The manual registration of .ocx was just try to fix something that does not work... Problem is only with HCI*.ocx libraries, other in the Palette directory are looking fine (can be registered).

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Problem with instalation of OLE10.3.1

Post by RobertBell » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:53 pm

try removing (renaming) the palette.manifest file
let us know
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Looks like the "sound software" may have installed a different C runtime on the box. Removing the manifest may help.

What sound software does the user have?
Gary Douglas - Lead Software Developer - Pathway Connectivity - A Division of Acuity Brands Lighting Canada.

KarelBartak

Post by KarelBartak » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:33 am

I will check it and let know...