V10 goto cue

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
Toast

V10 goto cue

Post by Toast » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:01 am

In Palette Classic US mode (Thanks Robert, I'm liking it...): When I select GOTO and enter a (cue) number and hit enter, any autofollow associated does not trigger... It just runs and stays in that cue. As far as I can tell, only the Windows UI mode will run the autofollow in the cue...

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: V10 goto cue

Post by RobertBell » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:35 am

Correct. Ultimately we want a syntax of [Cue] [x] [GO] - which will do as you want, but we can't handle that right now.

Remember, when you're in a command line personality, you can always type [SHIFT] [GOTO] to get the dialog box that allows you to do either follow or not and change goto timing.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

TaineGilliam

Post by TaineGilliam » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:20 pm

We also currently have S-keys to allow for GOTO w/ follows - [Goto] 12 [S10 Follow] [S11 In Time] - will Goto cue 12 in the cue time and execute follows.

Also, Robert you once mentioned a syntax of [Cue] 12 [Select] [Go] as being similar to the 500 series [Load] 12 [Enter] [Go]. Is this indeed the case? I don't have an actual console with a [Select] key to test.

Taine

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:29 pm

No (I laugh - because we've been saying this in many forum and it keeps biting us)
Currently we can't use the GO or SELECT or BUMP buttons to end command line operations the way we did in 3.x (closing dialob boxes). We want to get to this.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.