Color Mixing with Submasters

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
liteman
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Color Mixing with Submasters

Post by liteman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:41 pm

I use 9 submasters (red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple, pink, white) to color mix Microh LED Cans and Martin MAC 2Ks, on a Palette VL 64. The subs are set to assertive, and only color information is stored in them. So here's the problem: lets say I set red to 100%, then 30 seconds later I set blue to 100%. 30 seconds after that I want to use red again so I have to bring the fader down. With the lights currently blue, as soon as I begin to bring the red fader down the LEDs snap to red for a split second, and then back to blue. It's only noticeable in the LEDs because the MACs can't respond that quickly. I never had this problem before the 10.8.x updates. Any suggestions on what I could do to fix this, or is there a different way I could color mix?

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Color Mixing with Submasters

Post by RobertBell » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:19 pm

We are about to release a version of code that has a new look type called ATTRIBUTE CONTROL. For the first time, you will be able to control a single attribute (such as RED or ColA) vs. controlling the abstract version of a mixed colour. Please watch this space (or try a beta .2009 if you're a beta tester).
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

MickCrozier
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Color Mixing with Submasters

Post by MickCrozier » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Works like a charm in 10.8.2009 beta!!!

Thanks for this - it's put a smile on our faces here!
Formerly Durisian (who died peacefully of digital old age)