Tracking backup problem

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
SimonWatson

Tracking backup problem

Post by SimonWatson » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:14 am

Hi

I have just installed 10.6.6 on our Palette VL system during a stores period and have fired up the whole system to check it out. We run a Rack Palette as a back up to the main desk with the small A4tech keyboard attached. If I force a backup takeover by removing the network cable from the desk, my keyboard on the backup won't work unless I first use one of the hardwired shortcut keys at the top of the keyboard to navigate to a different program (eg system shutdown or email). Once I close down the new window, the keyboard starts working normally. Before doing this you cannot run cues or anything. I have no idea how long this has been happening as under normal circumstances there is never time to play around with the back up.

MattKlasmeier

Re: Tracking backup problem

Post by MattKlasmeier » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:27 am

It sounds like an issue of Windows focus. I would attach a mouse and try the test again. When the switch happens and the keyboard doesn't work try using the mouse and click on the command line or the channel grid to force focus to the Palette software.

TaineGilliam

Post by TaineGilliam » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:11 am

ALT-TAB is the windows keyboard shortcut for switching focus between applications. It may be helpful in forcing to focus switch in this case also.

Taine

SimonWatson

Post by SimonWatson » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:06 am

There are probably various ways around this, but you don't realy need the extra hassle of these different key combinations while the DSM is screaming "What's going on?" at you down the cans. Why can't the backup just take over as soon as the main desk falls over like the old 5 series did?