Block cue question

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
bnortin
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Houston, TX

Block cue question

Post by bnortin » Mon May 17, 2010 12:43 pm

I ran into an issue with channel levels tracking into and through block cues this weekend, but I can't seem to recreate it in a new show file. In this show file, cues 70 & 80 are supposed to be black outs & blocked, but the channel data tracked into them from cue 62. If I go into cue 70, take everything out and hit update, the changes track into cue 80. Can someone take a look at this and see if there's a setting or something that I'm missing that's keeping the block cues from acting like a block cue? Thanks.
Attachments
Indian Dance.spf
(44.93 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Bryan Nortin
Electrician - Miller Outdoor Theatre - Houston, TX
ETCP Certified Entertainment Electrician #1619
Light Palette VL 10.8.8
Light Palette Live 10.8.8

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Block cue question

Post by RobertBell » Mon May 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Even though there is a dashed line above cue 80 - I see tracked levels. I'm not sure why. I thought they would be white. I re-block cue 80 and they are white, then everything is fine. Seems cue 80 is not a real block cue. - I'll ask someone why there is a line above cue 80.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Mon May 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Is it possible you did a Cue List Only block --then added fixtures to the cue list later?
Gary Douglas - Lead Software Developer - Pathway Connectivity - A Division of Acuity Brands Lighting Canada.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Mon May 17, 2010 3:50 pm

Looking deeper -- I see that the cues are not block cues. The dashed lines show that there is redundant data in the cues but they aren't technically blocks.

Can you describe the history of the cues for me? How were they recorded, did you block them, and were they at some point updated? I'm trying to figure out how the block was removed from the cues in error.
Gary Douglas - Lead Software Developer - Pathway Connectivity - A Division of Acuity Brands Lighting Canada.

bnortin

Post by bnortin » Mon May 17, 2010 4:11 pm

I started by recording cues 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, etc. through 120 as place holders with no data in them. Then I typed [cue] [10] [thru] [120] [shift]+[S6] in order to make all of them blocked black out cues. Later I started recording cues 11-13, 61-63 and so on as each dance group rehearsed their pieces. When it came time to run the show in order we discovered that the original block cues had tracked all values into them and were not blackouts as intended. This morning when I tried to recreate the issue with a brand new show file the block cues worked.
Bryan Nortin
Light Palette VL 10.8.8

bnortin

Post by bnortin » Mon May 17, 2010 7:10 pm

On the same show file I also just noticed that Sub 33 cannot be taken out with the grand master. This sub was an exclusive sub with a priority of 10 and it was changed back to additive with a priority of 70. After the change the channel could be controlled by anything else when the fader was down, but as soon as the fader started moving the channel would act like the sub was still set to exclusive.
Bryan Nortin
Light Palette VL 10.8.8