Disk error on power-up

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
TerryHynes

Disk error on power-up

Post by TerryHynes » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:12 pm

When we powered up today we got black screen and "Disk Error press any key to continue". Then "Please insert system disk and press enter". Not good.
When I opened the hood I noticed that there was life in the USB devices. So on a hunch that maybe one of them was getting in the way, I powered down and unplugged all USB devices then rebooted. This time the console booted up fine in demo mode. I took the opportunity to copy all my crucial show files to my networked PC. Then shut down, re-connected the USB devices and tried again. It booted up normally and everything seems OK. However, checking the system logs which I am attaching, it looks like something might be going on with the Quad DMX. There seem to be a lot of Critical errors in System-1.log. Should I be worried? Time to replace the Quad DMX? Or is something else going on?
System-2.log
(21.61 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
System-1.log
(88.08 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Terry Hynes
Head of Lighting
Centre In The Square
Kitchener, Ontario
Canada

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Disk error on power-up

Post by RobertBell » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Don't get fussed about the text "critical error" in the system log.
It sounds like your BIOS was set to boot from a USB FDD and it was looking to the key for the OS.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

TerryHynes

Re: Disk error on power-up

Post by TerryHynes » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:08 am

Thanks, Rob. It has been stable ever since(knock on wood). So I'm not too worried. These things always seem to happen when someone other than myself is using the console. It must just not like strangers.
Terry Hynes
Head of Lighting
Centre In The Square
Kitchener, Ontario
Canada