Cue List priority

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
amoyer

Cue List priority

Post by amoyer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:59 pm

We're a little confused over something that used to work (prior to 10.6.2) but now is giving us problems.

We have the Light Palette Live and had setup in the playback faders a bunch of cuelists to use with our moving lights (VL1000TS). Previously, we would program some look faders with the moving lights in positions around the stage and then use the playback faders to add a circle effect to them. The moving lights would stay in the position as set by the look and would remain in a circle effect until that playback was released. Now, when we run those effects, it takes all of those moving lights back to the home position and does the effect there.

I have tried adjusting the priority of both the cuelist and the look but neither has solved this problem. I'm assuming this was a change between version 10.5.12 and 10.6.2 but I'm not sure exactly what was changed.

So basically my question is, is there a way to make this work again? Suggestions?
Andrew Moyer - Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Light Palette Live (v10.8.6)
Rack Palette (v10.8.6)
Classic Palette ii(v10.8.5)

golights

Re: Cue List priority

Post by golights » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:26 pm

The same problem in this topic. Seems to be a known problem they are trying to fix.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2390&p=11861&hilit ... ect#p11861

Brennan
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Foothills 130 KM East of the Canadian Rockies.

Post by Brennan » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:15 pm

I had a similar issue with this when trying to do multiple playbacks, one for each song in a live show (like on a Grand MA), and the Effects going back to home position.

The work around I used was to note the Pan and Tilt of the fixtures before hitting record. Then I went into Blind and put the Pan and Tilt at the proper values. Mind you this worked for me as the Pan, Tilt, and Effect were all the same cue at that point.
Brennan Berry
Palette Live
v10.8.5 May 17, 2012
v10.8.2 December 10, 2010
v10.6.4 February 24, 2010
v10.6.3 January 11, 2010

House Lighting Technician
Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
brennan.berry@gov.ab.ca

amoyer

Post by amoyer » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:07 am

If this was a console that was being toured with an artist for a specific show I can see many ways to deal with it. But in a roadhouse where every day is a different show, I want to continue to have a playback that will start a circle or figure eight based on the moving lights current position, wherever that may be on any particular day. It used to work, and now it doesn't and that is very frustrating, especially when you have a great look on stage in the middle of a show and all of a sudden when you start the effect all of the lamps start the effect on the home position and you as the board op look like an idiot for doing something that doesn't fit with the moment.

I guess what this comes down to is a bug that really needs to get fixed. It worked before, I just want it to work again.
Andrew Moyer - Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Light Palette Live (v10.8.6)
Rack Palette (v10.8.6)
Classic Palette ii(v10.8.5)

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:21 pm

amoyer wrote:I want to continue to have a playback that will start a circle or figure eight based on the moving lights current position, wherever that may be on any particular day. It used to work, and now it doesn't and that is very frustrating,
I don't believe there was ever a sub handle that could start and fx based on a hard position value from any cue. The going to 0,0 is definitely a new bug and definitely annoying.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.