Wifi Remote

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
SimonWatson

Wifi Remote

Post by SimonWatson » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:21 am

We are running a Palette VL with the Wifi PDA remote. If I start modding something in blind mode on the desk, I stop the remote from working. I can't remember if this happened on the 5 series, but it would be helpful if I could work in blind mode while other people are using remote focus. Also if I am working on a VL shutter shape, for example, and somebody calls up a channel on the remote, they cancel my control of the moving light and I have to reacquire it, which presumably then overrides the channel on the remote. This can get quite frustrating for all concerned as it escalates to all out war.

amoyer

Re: Wifi Remote

Post by amoyer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:50 am

It has been mentioned before that one of the issues with the RFU is that it it does not exist as a separate user when it interacts with the console. The powers that be have said that is one of the issues that will be addressed in the next update of the RFU.
Andrew Moyer - Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Light Palette Live (v10.8.6)
Rack Palette (v10.8.6)
Classic Palette ii(v10.8.5)

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Wifi Remote

Post by RobertBell » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:01 am

The simple model that works right now is many pieces of hardware (faceplates, RFUs, remotes), but only one human. Clearly a shortcoming that will be addressed in the future.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.