Help

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
Bastiaan

Help

Post by Bastiaan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:17 am

Dear Palette friends,

For instance, I want some help about effects. What I do is pressing the HELP button. Because I would like "more general help", I press the HELP button again, as suggested in the screen. Now I end up back in the LIVE screen?!

Help?

Regards,

Bastiaan

SimonWatson

Re: Help

Post by SimonWatson » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 am

Help button only gives help about individual console key functions I think. You can open the full user manual in a separate window by using the help function in the drop down tool bar at the top of the screen. This works on Palette VL.

jeroenhelsloot

Post by jeroenhelsloot » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:45 am

I had the same experience. I've seen the helpfunction at the top, but it is more complicated to use the mouse then to simply press the [HELP] button. Besides, it's still weird that you follow the instructions on the screen and you end up with noting...

Greetz Jeroen

gooze

Post by gooze » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:42 pm

The helpfile could also raise more questions than it solves. It needs some attention...
The manual on Strands website is a linear form of the helpfiles on the console. I believe that is the most up-to-date version. Have a look at Strands website now and then...

Never mind the mentioning of a tip of the day and some wishful thinking in the manual... One day the software and the manual will meet and shake hands. :P
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

BillRichards

Post by BillRichards » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:10 am

We have just found the issue with the Help file and the second press of Help not opening the full help file.

Thanks for the heads up.
Bill Richards - Products and Marketing - Strand Lighting Europe Limited