Sub Bank not operational

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
RyanBourne

Sub Bank not operational

Post by RyanBourne » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:56 pm

I have checked the functionality in the hardware tests and it reports that it is working, but when I select virtual subs and go to a specific look it will not function. None of the led's are lit and it just doesn't do anything. I have sub page one up in virtual subs and it has values but the actual sliders are not functioning. I am using a light palette classic with the release version of the software.

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Re: Sub Bank not operational

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:52 pm

The LP classic (with 12+2 cue list playbacks) can OPTIONALLY use the 12 cuelist playbacks as submasters. You will find this under Hardware Setup/"A/B C/D", where you will see a check box that says "Looks on Playbacks".

Very poorly named function - what it actually means is "Replicate the first 12 Submasters on Plackbacks 1 to 12 (Light Palette Only)"

(For the Software dev guys: Maybe this option should only appear when the hardware detected is a LP?)
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

RyanBourne

Post by RyanBourne » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:59 pm

Thanks that worked great. Extremely confusing setup though. Would be nice if subs had their own menu to avoid confusion. Also the ability to scroll through the looks with the up down arrow keys I think is obvious.

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:21 pm

It is important that comments like "this is not obvious" are made. Those of us that have been working with this software closely for many months need to be reminded of this from time to time - so thanks!

The LP Classic is a special case, as it is the only console that does not have dedicated subs. There would be some argument for that check box to be checked by default -
OR
if you record a look with this command line type method (with console personality NOT as Windows UI):
[Shift]+[Record] [Look] [Flash Key for Playback 1 - 12]
...that could also set the check box automatically.

I Understand they are trying to workout how to type this without the shift key, so this might be pertinent to flag then.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd