VL Grandmasters

Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Give us feedback to make it better!
Oliver

VL Grandmasters

Post by Oliver » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:29 pm

Hello,

I have recently found that if i pull my grandmasters out (end of show) and shut the console down. When returning the next day and booting up with the grandmasters still down i can goto cues and everything still works...., once i move the grandmasters i get the functionality back.......

Thanks,

Oli.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: VL Grandmasters

Post by RobertBell » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:48 pm

Right. This is a left over from running subs virtually and/or not. If someone runs a sub virtually (or on another console on the network), as we don't have flying faders, we're obliged to go with the virtual value. Not until someone touches the h/w to get things in sync, do we listen to them. This can be seen as a bug or a feature. I don't know what to do about it. Thoughts?
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

TaineGilliam

Post by TaineGilliam » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:07 pm

My vote is if a console comes alive in "master" mode, meaning not a remote console or slave in a tracking backup situation, the hardware should be correct. In the absence of a GM we assume it to be at full, correct?

For a remote console or tracking slave the hardware doesn't "take control" until it is used. Even then there are some "grace" issues.

This reminds me - any plans to create virtual GMs since some consoles have the physical handles and some don't ? And yes, for the record, the GM on a 300,400,500 was accessible on the ASCII keyboard, offline editor, designers remote.

Taine

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:03 pm

hmm intresting one, i agree with Taine in that if the physical hardware is present it should be at that given value, certainly desks with GM's should on bootup default to this as the slightest movement on the fader in virtual mode could cause a B/O onstage if the op isn't aware.

Oli.