Submasters

User submitted ideas for how we can make the Palette and Light Palette Consoles better
gooze

Submasters

Post by gooze » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Could we maybe add another type of submaster? My proposal would be as follows, this includes minor changes to existing types:

Additive: Adds all levels higher than already on stage.
HTP: Takes the levels recorded in the sub, but lets them be stealed by everything
Inhibitive: Limits the level the channels can go to, whatever method (cues, effects, subs, ch. Control)
Exclusive: ch. In submasters go up and stay up when sub goes up, whatever you do, cues or ch. Control. Ch. In submasters stay down when sub is down, whatever you do in cues or with ch. Control. They don’t get recorded in cues.
Independent: Ch. Can be added to cue level, but not lower than cue level. They don’t get recorded in the cues.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

PierTis

Re: Submasters

Post by PierTis » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Sub Ind. what is the interest about don't recorded in Q (you have Rec minus Sub)
another detail, resist at chanel control
and, resist at Rem Dim

gooze

Post by gooze » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:28 pm

PierTis wrote:what is the interest about don't recorded in Q (you have Rec minus Sub)
This way you can have some subs that do get recorded in your cues, but some that don't (worklight, houselights)

PierTis

Post by PierTis » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:51 am

for me, i put all in my cues, i use sub just for working, and "against" a mistake ...(i've see on congo these masters)
(all is in, all output i would like having the choice, lampe HMI, Audiance, work light on stage )...it's the raison that making me to tell is it possible to have on submaster properties to tchek : would you want Recording in cues look x Eclusif
(i don't talk about the rec cue with a sub Exlusif who unrec chanel from the cue if it in twis)

gooze

Post by gooze » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:40 am

If you don't change anything to your default submaster setting there is no danger. I just want to have the possibility to be more flexible. I want to keep some worklight on stage during plotting while the set is being finished. These lights are not supposed to end up in cues. On the other hand. There are channels that I do want to put in cues. Houselights for instance. Right now if they are set to exlusive, they don't end up in the cues which is good. But if I put the houselight channels to 70% with the channel control they still won't come up. This means I always have to fade down and up my houselights manually or have to change the submaster setting to normal just before the show. That's not really nice.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:16 am

You might want to play with Priorities. If you're in the LOOK view, you can right click on the column heading and check off Priorites. (You can alos [VIEW] [BUMP] to get the individual look properties dialog box)

Also note the system priorites of things like Captured and Grand Masters in the main Hardware Setup screen. In v10.0.1 these are not editable, but eventually they will be so you can move Captured to a level above or Below GMs. Currently you can change any individual sub to above or below captured. You also have the option of HTP or LTP (Additive or Assertive). Remember, a higher priority HTP will win (even at lower levels) if its priority if higher than the other thing.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:02 pm

So the key unanswered sub master capabilities are:
- a sub that is not recorded, regardless of the record with/without subs selection
- a sub that can act as the hardware GM for silver palettes that do not have a dedicated fader
Anything else?
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

gooze

Post by gooze » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:16 pm

To Robert. I am not afraid of priorities but I know a lot of users will get confused. If this can be solved with priorities (which I think this one cannot) I don't mind seeing it in a priority preset aka submaster type, so the priority-thinking is done for you.

TaineGilliam

Post by TaineGilliam » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:02 pm

To add to John's List:

3) A submaster to be the FX master.
4) A submaster to be a Master for a specified Sub Page.
5) A submaster to master all subs.

Taine

gooze

Post by gooze » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:34 am

6) Submaster Up/Down timing.
7) Effects on Subs!!!!!!!