Key Suggestions from Entech Tradeshow

User submitted ideas for how we can make the Palette and Light Palette Consoles better
JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Key Suggestions from Entech Tradeshow

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:48 am

(so far...)

Colour Bubble for conventional lights. Can we label a conventional with its colour (or some other text) and have that appear in the bubble. Plus, using the scroller profiles as an example, perhaps if the label matches a gel colour, that colour is aslo in the bubble. (I suppose you could set up a 1 colour scroller - but that would be a hassle)

Change Display by macro - it would be good to be able to change the display (to cue, look, patch, variables, time events) using macros. Some users have used this in the 500 to make display changing very fast, and without the need to look at the console to know what you are doing.

Beta Swap - some would be interested in assisting with the beta program, but would like a way to use a USB stick (or some other method) to "boot to the beta" without reloading the console if they need to run their console in "normal" mode.

On the palette consoles, there is a hardware setting that seems to imply that the A/B and C/D faders can be used as "masters" for the look faders, but it does not seem to work. Am I doing something wrong, or is this unimplemented?

Labels Column in the patch - purely to put info about fixtures that you might have altered for some reason... notes for other users.

Hitting Go - did it go. Sometimes, with the old software it is hard to know if when you hit the Go button, there is some operational delay, or if the cue is running (fixed somewhat with the new colour scheme). Regarding the "Operational Delay", this seems to be a growing problem in all new consoles. The time between when a button is hit and that action happening is increasing with the more the console has to do. I know there is not much that can be done about while Windows has underlying control of the OS, but the problem seems to be growing.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Key Suggestions from Entech Tradeshow

Post by RobertBell » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:25 am

We're discussing adding data (like colour) to the fixture schedule and displaying it right now (good timing).

Display macros - idea noted (and valid) - just tricky to do right now.

Beta Swap - can't think of anything easier than keeping release versions and beta versions in d:\SavedInstalls and dragging it out to d:\ and rebooting. You can go back and forth, but a single re-boot will be needed.

A/B faders - I suspect they are broken as you report. Probably work on a LP Live or LPVL :added: FS465

Label in patch - see point one above

Hitting GO delay - hmmmmmmmmm - I've not got reports of this. Is the dealy on the screen on the stage. I'd be suprised if it was on the stage. More info needed.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

TaineGilliam

Re: Key Suggestions from Entech Tradeshow

Post by TaineGilliam » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:06 pm

The label in patch is very cool and I'd like to see the ability to label both a channel/fixture and an output. The ability to label outputs/dimmers is handy for venues with fixed houselights... This brings me back around again to the TEMPLATE file request.

Taine