P/T mode problems

User submitted ideas for how we can make the Palette and Light Palette Consoles better
gooze

P/T mode problems

Post by gooze » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:14 am

Would it be possible to move the Polar/linear information out of the position group of attributes? The problem is this. If you do a show with a lot of moving lights, you want to set the way the lights are moving on a cue level. At the same moment you probably build your show from position palettes. Now everytime you apply a palette, your P/T mode will be the one that is stored in this palette. This gets in the way of this particular setting being a tracking setting. At the same time if you set it in a cue, you’d have to be careful not to update the palette too, because that will affect other cues based on this palette. Maybe it is possible to opt this one out while making position looks. Or put it somewhere else (Under controls maybe? Next to Movement timing, colour timing etc.). The same story is valid for Colourspace.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: P/T mode problems

Post by RobertBell » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:33 pm

Fully agree. Easier for P/T than for Colour Space because all three ColA, ColB and ColC need to be recorded as it makes no sense for the colour space to be HSL, but a value for Hue, Cyan and Red.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

JohnGrimshaw
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:23 am

Another P/T mode problem I have is that I would prefer the default to be linear movementt, and to only use polar when specifically needed. While this may not be to everyone's taste, the ability to set this as a default in software or hardware setup would be ideal.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

AlanMartello
Where I Am: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Post by AlanMartello » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:37 pm

John - already on the list to have a default movement mode (just like a default color space) in show options.
Alan Martello, Ph.D. - System Architect - Horizon Control Inc.