Touchscreen personality

User submitted ideas for how we can make the Palette and Light Palette Consoles better
gooze

Touchscreen personality

Post by gooze » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:36 am

Would it be an idea to redesign the Windows UI personality to a touchscreen personality?
Just recently I worked with a touchscreen and it didn't add much fun to working with the software. The only thing I did on the screen was touching the LOOKS tab (between CUES and PATCH) and used the colour picker.
I think the onscreen buttons are just a bit to small to actually use the screen. Maybe make the icons that are there in the Windows UI pers. a bit bigger so that they become useful to touch. (Go, Go back, Update, etc.) The thing in interfacing with software is that you don't want constant shifting between keyboard, mouse and screen.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Touchscreen personality

Post by RobertBell » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:15 pm

I find pressing the softkeys very handy as well as the HUGE atrtribute bubbles. Useful for selecting gobos etc.
Now we have SELECT TOOL as S7, you can even get your large popup 5x5's visible and useful just using the touchscreen. Then you're really flying.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

gooze

Post by gooze » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:50 pm

I agree, but I was thinking that it could be useful to have the Icons above the active cuelist a little bigger (or making the Next Cue bubble clickable) you could even make more use of the touchscreen.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:42 am

TaineGilliam wrote:This is yet another reason it would be great to have multiple 5x5 popups be able to remain open on the second monitor maybe even along with the color picker.