update with subs

User submitted ideas for how we can make the Palette and Light Palette Consoles better
barbarab

update with subs

Post by barbarab » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:06 pm

I know you guys are working on fixing 10.4.2's larger issues, and this is not a big deal.
But I noticed there is still not a way to use Update and have it include submasters. I can get around this by using Record but then I have to type in the cue # and it slows things down a bit. The designer I'm working with now uses subs a lot to build and modify cues, which is why I noticed.
Thank you very much.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: update with subs

Post by RobertBell » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:54 pm

If you use a non-Windows UI console personality, the UDPT command has a softkey (S4-Use Subs). From the Windows-UI mode, use SHIFT-UPDT to get the cmd line version of update.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

barbarab

Post by barbarab » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:32 pm

Don't you agree there should be an option to exclude or include subs on the Update popup box?
I posted it here as a Suggestion...

barbarab

Post by barbarab » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:20 pm

RobertBell wrote:If you use a non-Windows UI console personality, the UDPT command has a softkey (S4-Use Subs). From the Windows-UI mode, use SHIFT-UPDT to get the cmd line version of update.
The command line Update, using Shift-Update in Windows UI, does not work reliably to record subs. The s4 softkey in Classic Palette US does work.
Pretty inconvenient to have to change the personality as a work-around, but no one seems to think it's a problem.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:34 pm

Update dialog box does not include subs (and - yes - I agree with you - it should have an option to do so). I guess the people who want to do that use REC for those operations.

If a Sub is up at 100%, the update dialog box will present it as an option if the channels you modified came from that sub, but ONLY if the handle is currently at 100. Do not think that it is including the level in a cue that may also be presented in the dialog box. Only the sub will be updated.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.