Macro selecting parametre ...top thrust or angle

Helpful hints for how to accomplish common and not so common things
cotedurhone

Macro selecting parametre ...top thrust or angle

Post by cotedurhone » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:05 am

Hi,
1/which macro do i use to selecte just one parametre and how to write it ?
-for example i want to selecte on a fixture the top thurst, and the edge directly(i know S8 LensS8 LensS8...)

2/put these macros on a bank
i would like to put it on a bank (button array,bank, look page created in select (or bump ?)) to select the parametre top thrust...on a selection of channels
-for example i select a fixture, push button of look3 to select the lens page 2 of 5
-or best, keeping button down look3 and roll wheel to move the top shutter

thanks

MickCrozier
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Macro selecting parametre ...top thrust or angle

Post by MickCrozier » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:57 am

This is not possible with the current macro implementation
Formerly Durisian (who died peacefully of digital old age)

cotedurhone

Post by cotedurhone » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:15 pm

thanks Mike,
from the"LookType AttributControl" , i hoped a faster access to attributs:
- SelectFixture /BanqueOther XX ;to select the attribut(page) to move it.

tom

Post by tom » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:15 am

You could have a marco that will bump the top thrust in by one percent (or some other small value) and then another button for an out. This could be based on your selction. Practical explaination:

Select a fixture,
Bump button A will bring the top shutter in by 1% in relation to the value it already had
Bump button B will bring the shutter out.

Taking it on step further you could have the level of the fader set the thrust. The script will only run once the level is changed.
Light palette : classic
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

PierTis

Post by PierTis » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:36 am

Thanks Tom,
now i've:(on the model of Miror)

s = HC.GetCurrentSelectionSet(',')
for fixture in string.gmatch(s,"%d+") do
HC.AttributeFade(fixture,'Top Thrust',-1 + tonumber(HC.AttributeGetValue(fixture,'Top Thrust+V')))
end

on Button A and +1 for B

Question :
1/ Any chance to see Macro on 5x5 ?
Ctrl+F1 or SubPage Bump, what else?
2/Which Macro can Open Lens page 2/5 (VL3500)?
2/ Have you some littles macros like theses functions that you use?
Thanks again

tom

Post by tom » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:54 am

Yep thats pretty much exactly what i had in mind. I use that script to control movers from my phone.

For marco 5x5, you could make your own with the web server quite easily. If you take a look at the mote webapp theres 4 marco launchers. You could strip out the page completely and only populate it with script launchers. This is something you could slap together in about half an hour and wont cost anything. However you'll need a second monitor if you dont want to constantly swap out windows. An ipad works great, and with OSC you dont have any delay problems. You can squeeze a few different scripts onto a look aswel. Changed level, up through, down through. You could also dedicate a channel and and a few bump buttons. So if the channel is on 01% the to buttons will have one function, on 02% the same two buttons will have different scripts.

I use quite a few scripts but anything useful i generally post in the opensource forum starting with a (LUA) tag. I suggest that you put this script there too.

There is a way to simulate keystrokes but I dont advise this because of the changing nature of the Skeys. But this could land you in the lens page. But i advise just talking directly to the parameter.

Be careful, because with this method you can push values past the constraints of the fixture. It wont damage the fixture or anything but might give you weird transitions. Pan at 1500% for example, at least this was the case a few versions ago.
Light palette : classic
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.