2nd QL with Intensity Master on VL16

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
Kuni

Post by Kuni » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi there,
Days ago I have the request in a theatre that a customer want to have a second QL running controlled by a Intensity-Master.

The customer´s idea was very "special":
He want to have a QL1 with 25 Q´s. This QL should be controlled by the normal A/B Playback with the GO Button. All the Qs in there have different times. OK, that not the problem.
Then he want to have the same QL (as a copy) running in a loop. That means each Q will have a IN Time 1 sec, Wait Time 8 sec and OUT Time 2 sec. OK, also no problem. BUT he want to have a Intensity Master for that running QL2. The idea was that he can "open" the Master for that QL2 and then a "random" Q from this QL2 in Loop will stay on stage (plus the original Q from QL1). So he told me that this running QL2 is a "random Light" and he want to controll this with a seperate Master...
He also store some of the Qs from QL1 in all of the submasters of the VL16 in Subpage 1, so that he add some of this Q´s to the stage.

Don´t ask for the reasons for that and don´t ask for the result: It was "Art" or "Light_n_ing Design", I think.
If the console have 2 Playbacks, this will not a problem but with the VL16 it will be a big problem because I don´t have a second playback and no more subs left.
Question:
Is it possible that I have a macro that works like a "Intensity Master" for the QL2? That means that I hit a button of the existing Looks and the Intensity of QL2 goes to 100% and if I hit it again the Intensity goes back to 0%?
............kuni................................
pimpedPalette VL16, Soft V10.8.5

TaineGilliam

Re: 2nd QL with Intensity Master on VL16

Post by TaineGilliam » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Make the main cue list second in the list, select it, and use the space bar of the QUERTY to GO. Then use set the crossfader as the master for the top cue list(your second)...

gooze

Post by gooze » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:30 am

TaineGilliam wrote:Make the main cue list second in the list, select it, and use the space bar of the QUERTY to GO.
or make the flash button do a macro for GO.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

MickCrozier
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Melbourne, Australia

Post by MickCrozier » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:37 am

I'm not at a console so I can't test this.... but could you use the priority system -

Setting Cuelist 2 at priority 90
Look 1 as an Inhibitive with ALL channels at priority 89. With a GO macro on the bump

???
Formerly Durisian (who died peacefully of digital old age)

Kuni

Post by Kuni » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:16 am

gooze wrote:or make the flash button do a macro for GO.
Sorry, didn´t work in this way because with this the Q only starts if I hit the GO, but it starts in LIVE on Stage.

What the customer wants: The QL running _ALL_ the time (in BLIND) and then he "open" sometimes a Look and you can see the actuall Q from the "Random QL" plus the actual Q from A/B on Stage...
Look 1 as an Inhibitive with ALL channels at priority 89.
This also doesn´t work because the channels from the Look are the same channels there are in the QL from A/B, because this is a copy from this QL. Or I´m wrong and I can have the control to the same channels from different sources with different Controls?

I must test this....
............kuni................................
pimpedPalette VL16, Soft V10.8.5

MickCrozier
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Melbourne, Australia

Post by MickCrozier » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:04 pm

Perhaps a go macro on M1, and release macro on M6.
Formerly Durisian (who died peacefully of digital old age)