Page 1 of 1

Paperwork Automation

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:12 am
by Straker
I'm currently trying to automate the production of paperwork for various aspects of the shows we do. Along with the print function on the console we use various standard formats of Microsoft Excel files (something in place from before we started using a Palette). These consist of pretty simple lists of cue number, colours used (both user created pallettes and the text match palletes in the desk) and position and lens palettes. See the attached file for an example.

Essentially I'm attempting to set up an automated reading from the CSV files of a show. I'm fairly happy with setting up the files to be automatically read (we use standard circuit numbers for our "intelligent" units making it much easier). At this point my issue is finding where the information is stored, if it is indeed. Essentially I can't find the information I require; channel number and colour pallete used.

Indeed am I going the wrong way with this, would some kind of script be a better idea (my Lua coding is pretty atrocious)?

Re: Paperwork Automation

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:50 pm
by TaineGilliam
Do any of the csv exports help you with this?

Re: Paperwork Automation

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:05 am
by Straker
The CSV files don't really help.

If you make a colour group (for a scroller being the most common use we have) it only references it as used in cues 1, 2, 8, 11 etc. rather than used in that unit in that cue. The same problems happens with position or lens groups.

As an example I have a position group called "Bedroom Window 1", which is used in two VL1000 units as circuits 301 and 302. The CSV files only tell you what cues the group is used in not what unit. So one of the units could be in Cue 200 as "Bedroom Window 1" but the other could be in as "Window 2" with no way of telling which one is which.

The pre made groups (ie the Lee, Rosco, Gam colour palletes) don't show up at all in the CSV files.

Re: Paperwork Automation

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:25 am
by BrianEvans
These are the variables accessed in the "Cue Content" PDF printout Lua Code I wrote.

HC.GetProperty('cue',cue list index,self.cue index,'number')
HC.GetProperty('cue',cue list index,self.cue index,'printlevels')
HC.GetProperty('cue',cue list index,self.cue index,'printtimes')