Auto-Yoke Iris Issue

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
jmac
Primary Venue / Use: Local Theatre
Where I Am: New York State

Auto-Yoke Iris Issue

Post by jmac » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Problem with one of two auto yokes. On one, the iris setting of say 50-degrees tracks thru fine to subsequent cues; but on the second, it keeps resetting to 0-deg, requiring me to to reset to 50-deg for each cue.. I notice the iris setting for the good one shows up in the moving light list bottom right of screen, but on the bad one, it does not show up. They are both patched the same way.

Could this be some setting on the auto yoke, or does it sound like something I'm doing with the console? Any thoughts..?? Thanks!
Jim Mackenzie
Classic Palette II

jmac

Re: Auto-Yoke Iris Issue

Post by jmac » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:59 am

Well, I didn't realize the position looks also seem to pick up and record lens attributes, unless opted out when recording a position look. But I still don't understand why one seems to ignore the look value, and the other seems to use a value of 0-deg, which I don't believe was the value when I recorded the looks.

I tried updating the recorded looks with lens deselected, but I think that just kept the old lens values (?). I then tried updating the looks using a 50-deg lens setting, but that produced weird results, with 0-deg values showing up in cues... eeks!

Is there any way I can keep my position values and get rid of the lens values in my recorded position looks, or tell it not to use the values it has..?? And how will this work with cues already recorded vs. new cues being recorded?

Re-recording from scratch is not an option at this point. I can't physically re-establish all the positions.. Thanks again.
Jim Mackenzie
Classic Palette II

jmac

Re: Auto-Yoke Iris Issue

Post by jmac » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Ok, Bobby helped me thru this one, using the Knockout command, which I had never used before... Nice! I also deleted Lens from my position palette default, so I'm good to go from now on. Thanks, Bobby!
Jim Mackenzie
Classic Palette II