Question about looks on a VL

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
soundguy99
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Manitoba Canada

Question about looks on a VL

Post by soundguy99 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Hey guys,
I have stupid question thats driving me nuts and can`t seem to figure it out.
We have the VL 64 and with that the "look keypad" on the intelligent light side of the console.
This is where you find the group,position,color ect and 25 presets in each marked A through Z ect.
That all makes sense, however on the console itself it has Group, Position, color, Gobo, and other, 5 things yet in any manual or video it only talks about the 4. On the console itsled the other button won`t even light up, yet under the looks tab it has other but no gobo.
Am I missing something, if you can adjust the attributes that get recorded into those preset looks, shouldn`t I be able to have access to other and get another 25 preset locations besides the gobo tab. And why is it not showing up under the looks tab, all 5 should be there and let the operator decide which presets get saved in each.
Also while I am in the area, I can`t get access to the multiple pages for each of those tabs like the manual says. As far as I have read it says that I should be able to scroll down and get another 25 presets per tab.
and 1 final question is there any way to name those presets under the view window once I saved them in each location.
It would be nice as a reference to hit the view button and bring up the screen to remind myself what the presets are.
If these are stupid questions please forgive me but, I have done some reading and can`t seem to find anything on this.
Any help is greatly apreciated,
Thanks,
soundguy

golights

Re: Question about looks on a VL

Post by golights » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:11 pm

This should help in adding the additional group pages,
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2435&p=12185&hilit ... age#p12185