Load Lua

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
pracc
Primary Venue / Use: Local Theatre
Where I Am: Melbourne, Australia

Load Lua

Post by pracc » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:09 am

Is there a lua script to load a look or cue list?

Thanks.
Matt Cartledge
Plenty Ranges Arts Centre

MattKlasmeier

Re: Load Lua

Post by MattKlasmeier » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:28 am

A simple solution would be to add a new cue list. Right click on the new cue list and select properties. Select "Auto Run". This will cause the cue list to run at start up. Now you can create a cue that has a macro that can turn on the sub you want.

pracc
Primary Venue / Use: Local Theatre

Post by pracc » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 am

Thanks for the reply Matt, though not what I was after.

I have created a look page of common effects and chases that are used in our standard rig, titled 'FX Page'. This makes it easy to use them when needed, which is great. We currently use the Variable Buttons to bump a few of these looks on and off in busking. However when recording a show, what I would like to do is run these effects and record them along with any other looks or selected fixtures I have up at the time. Loading these "FX Page" looks from a Variable into the programmer and adjusting if required (rate, color etc) then recording a cue. This can be done through 'Load' > 'Look Page' > 'FX Page' > '#' > Enter. This could be done the same with a Culist of effects, loading the cue # for required effect, or so I imagine. Though using bump buttons or running century array gives us a way to instantly load an effect, adjust if required, then record.
I'm unsure what to use as lua script in the Variable to make the load shortcut.

I have no idea if this is the best way to operate the console with pre-recorded effects. However, is the easiest and fastest way I have found so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Matt Cartledge
Plenty Ranges Arts Centre

MickCrozier
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre

Post by MickCrozier » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:07 pm

I hear you Matt!

We do the same with pre recorded effects on looks - we use 2 methods.
We use macros with a series of special scripts that allow us to turn on and off looks in bulk over a given fade time (kind of like old strand style). Which also enables cool things like being able to turn them all off with a panic button (our scripts ramp the fader - not hit the bump button). Saves a ton of time in silly season plotting. I'll post the script file when I can get access to the console.
The down side is you have no flexability - eg. the rate is fixed as it's stored in the look - burt really, flashing lights is all the kids want.

We avoid the load command - because if you hit update it will update the loaded cue/look - bye bye effect
Instead we adjust the rate by one 'click' and back to get the delta.

Ultimately i'd like to see fx recorded into a cue/look if you do a rec live regardelss of whether the effect is delta'd.
Formerly Durisian (who died peacefully of digital old age)