PaletteVL 64 and SpectraStar Units

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
RobHillig
Primary Venue / Use: University
Where I Am: Punch Drunk

Post by RobHillig » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:02 am

Hey all.
I have 10 SpectraStar units and and VL64 and I have a bit of a bug-a-boo. One of the nice features of this unit is that it has a dedicated Amber LED which goes almost totally ignored in the Universal Control model.

No color I select utilizes this feature and to adjust the Amber level I have to go to the second page of the color options. This led me to wonder....do I really need to change my color space more than I would want to adjust the amber LED levels? It turns out that I am constantly changing the color space rather than the red LED levels which I apparently would love to have on the first encoder.

If anyone is ever in LA by the way....give me a shout and I can give you a tour of Loyola Marymount University and our black box.

(I think we are the only school in town that has both a Palette OS console and that console named for a charged atom).

R

gooze

Post by gooze » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:12 am

One of the great new functions of the 10.8.1 is exactly this. If it doesn't yet work for your specific fixture, you should ask to change the personality.

Now if you mix a colour using the colourpicker or textmatch, Amber or White LEDs are used. You can also change the colour temperature over each colour you choose to use. Quite nice!
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

RobHillig
Primary Venue / Use: University
Where I Am: Punch Drunk

Re: PaletteVL 64 and SpectraStar Units

Post by RobHillig » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:56 am

I guess it pays to read patch notes.

Thanks for the heads up. Will head down and upgrade soonest.