10.8.1 update with submasters

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
ILYtech
Primary Venue / Use: University
Where I Am: University of WI-Whitewater Young Auditorium

10.8.1 update with submasters

Post by ILYtech » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:03 pm

Hey all-

We just installed the 10.8.1 update on our palette and we went from having 36 subs to 72 subs (when you have the option selected to have the playbacks work as subs) when we did this, it changed the way the subs were numbered. Previously- the bottom row (playbacks) were 1-12 and then the top row was 13-36 now it has reversed completely, and the new subs 37-72 are only virtual. Is the numbering a fixed change, or is there a way to change it back, also, can we select to only have the 36 subs again or do we only have the 24 or 72 subs?

I hope this makes sense to someone other then myself!!
Thanks-
Danielle

gooze

Re: 10.8.1 update with submasters

Post by gooze » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:49 am

I think it was discussed in the forums before, that it is not really intuitive to have subs 1->12 jump to the other set of faders if you switch to 'subs on playbacks'. 1->12 should stay where they are and the extra subs should be placed on the faders that were playbacks. Just as you read from left to right, I think that makes sense, doesn't it. As for the amount of submasters I don't know since I own a different type of desk.

Have a look at this forum topic
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

TaineGilliam

Post by TaineGilliam » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:37 am

I'm still a fan of reverting to the Marquee method of assigning the page to the bank independently. This is especially true for the LP Live -> Left, Right and Playbacks.

This also allows for the virtual subs page to not NEED to be the same as the hardware page(s). Of course we would need some sort of marker in the Look Page directory marking when a page was active on hardware...

Brennan
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Foothills 130 KM East of the Canadian Rockies.

Post by Brennan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Renumbering the "Playbacks as Submasters" consecutively after the existing submasters was one of our big requests. We have a LP Live and have Inhibit Submasters on Subs 1-5. Having those bounce around can cause a lot of problems when your Remote console is not in the same "Playbacks as Submasters" state as the Main console.

We also use the "Look # @ lvl" syntax when programming one offs. With the old software you have to be adding 12 to all your command lines while programming as fast as you can.

We are awaiting a dark day to upgrade to v10.8.1 but this is one of the features I am looking forward to. :)
Brennan Berry
Palette Live
v10.8.5 May 17, 2012
v10.8.2 December 10, 2010
v10.6.4 February 24, 2010
v10.6.3 January 11, 2010

House Lighting Technician
Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
brennan.berry@gov.ab.ca